trente-huit

nytis

jihoon glanced warily at minghao's icy grip. "what are you doing?" he tugged his arm in hopes of slipping out of the man's grasp but that only caused minghao to tighten his grip.

"do you like my art?" he repeated, voice no longer as amused as before.

minghao's big emotionless eyes stared down at jihoon. see? this was way jihoon felt so iffy around him. "if.. i said no, would you kill me?" minghao tilted his head as if he was actually considering it.

that was supposed to be a joke.. jihoon turned his head in hopes that soonyoung might still be there but to his disappointment the boy was long gone.

"mm.." minghao pulled jihoon along and started strolling towards the markets. "probably... not." he turned and faced jihoon. "so, do you like my art?" he repeated once more.

"i don't like it, i don't hate it. it's neutral."

minghao's face fell a little, "ahh.. but i put so much time and effort in getting the paint. jihoon, would you say you like it if i told you all the work i put into it?" minghao looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"err.. no thanks." jihoon definitely didn't want to know how minghao got all that blood. minghao's eyes dimmed once again, his bottom lip jutted out as they continued to walk. he almost looked annoyed or even mad.

"but.. but.." jihoon felt minghao's hand progressively tighten against his wrist, his grip turning from loose to almost painful.

the boy winced, "hey, minghao." he said hurriedly, "art is subjective, everyone has their own opinions about it. just because one person doesn't like it doesn't mean everyone does. i'm sure plenty of people really loved your art." plenty of people? probably not but at this point jihoon didn't care because he really didn't want minghao snapping his wrist.

the man's grip loosened and he looked at jihoon, "..right." minghao paused and then giggled once again, "you're interesting jihoonie! really interesting!" all jihoon could do was sigh, minghao was strange. definitely strange.

"minghao.. why did you leave money at my door?"

saying nothing, minghao started humming a cheerful song. "i've got lots of stuff to do today jihoon."

of course, he didn't answer my question. jihoon tried again, "why didn't you kill me that day?"

"those other guys screamed really loud, i almost laughed!i wish you could've watched with me... " minghao smiled and continued walking. shaking his head, jihoon took time to look around. he didn't even notice that they were already in the outer ring of nytis.

"stop number one!" minghao called out, suddenly halting in front of a worn down house. it was smaller than jihoon's home and in much worse condition. the two windows in front were both cracked and crooked and the outside was covered in dirty splats if mud. jihoon looked at minghao in pure confusion.

he watched as minghao reached into his bulging pockets (jihoon had just noticed) and pulled out a little brown bag. if jihoon listened closely he could hear the sound of metal knocking into metal. the bag was familiar, immediately making him think back to the one he found in front of his door.