dix

nytis

jihoon liked weekends.

mainly because he didn't have to do any work and didn't have to wake up early. he also got the chance to spend time with seungcheol and chan, sometimes he even got to bring the two out and head to the forest to relax and even maybe head off to where all the shops were.

although jihoon doesn't like that place, both chan and seungcheol rarely go so they both get overly excited whenever he mentions it. and jihoon finds their behaviour tiring but also adorable, so it's always worth it.

this particular morning, chan is in an especially good mood and that sets smiles on the other two boys' faces. jihoon watched from the kitchen as chan hung upside down on the ratty couch with a wide smile on his face, which was getting redder and redder by the second.

seungcheol chuckled from the kitchen table and called out at the youngest. "channie, you'd better stop doing that or your face is gonna turn purple." he warned, "you're gonna look like a grape if you continue." laughing, the boy tumbled off the couch onto the ground. "i wonder what's up with chan," seungcheol said, turning to jihoon. "the last time i saw him this happy was back at the orphanage on his birthday."

jihoon nodded along, he was looking more energized than usual, "but whatever the reason, it's good that he's doing well." humming in agreement, seungcheol handed his cup of medicine he had just emptied to jihoon. "there's still some left cheol, don't think that i'm gonna let you avoid taking all your medication."

seungcheol grumbled and grabbed the cup back, tilting the remaining liquid down his throat. at that moment, jihoon wanted to laugh. he couldn't believe that choi seungcheol, a twenty one year old man who had seen what war was like, was currently complaining about taking his medicine.

a sudden light knock on the door caught the attention of the three boys. scrambling up from the floor, chan hurried over and yanked the door open only to be surprised by the face of jeonghan. "who is it, chan?" jihoon called out from the kitchen.

"morning ji!" jeonghan walked into view. one arm carrying a large bag full of things and the other one was wrapped tightly around chan. when his eyes landed on seungcheol, jeonghan quickly dropped his bag onto the table and released chan from his tight grip. "cheol!" he cried out happily, "my favourite seungcheol! i missed you!"

"but i'm the only seungcheol that you know," he said laughing as jeonghan pulled him into a tight hug and then planted a kiss on his cheek. ignoring his comment, jeonghan grabbed seungcheol's shoulders silently and inspected him up and down.

there was a pause.

"c'mere chan!" he barked out. the boy rushed over wondering what was going on. suddenly both boys felt a sharp pain on their cheeks. "these babies are practically skin and bone." jeonghan said to jihoon while pulling at each of their cheeks. "when i kissed cheol, all i felt was hard bone," he yanked harder on seungcheol's cheek, making the man wince.

"and chan. look! i can barely pull at his cheeks. these two are walking twigs!"

"hannie- my.. my face hurts." chan whined out.

"sorry baby," he released both of the boys and marched over to jihoon yanking at the boy's face as well. jihoon yelped at the sudden motion. "actually scratch that, all three of you are walking twigs." he said with a sigh. grumbling, jihoon rubbed his red cheek. jeonghan always did things like this when he came over.

"that's why today, i'm going to cook you an actual proper meal!" reaching over to his bag he brought over, jeonghan reached in and pulled out a whole bunch of different foods. ranging from fruits and vegetables to deserts and bread from his bakery.