trente

nytis

it was a cloudless, blue day, birds chirped idly on the nearby tree branches that swayed in the light wind. the weather could put even the grumpiest of people in a good mood.

the weather was perfect for today, because today was a special day for jihoon and his brothers. chan was excused from going to school and jihoon called for a day off at work. the three brothers woke up earlier than usual, dressed in their nicest clothing and fixed up their hair. today was a special day indeed.

"did you finish making them?" jihoon called out to seungcheol who walked out of the bathroom, crutches polished and in a fresh set of clothing.

"yep, i just finished them yesterday." seungcheol replied, eyeing a big bag sitting beside the couch. "do you think they'll like them?" the man said, with slight anxiousness evident in his voice. "i mean they're not like the ones sold..."

"we've been through this already," jihoon sighed, "stop worrying, cheol. they'll love them for sure. now don't forget to take your meds, it's on the table."

"yeah don't worry cheol," chan said, popping up from behind echoing jihoon. "now can i see them?" he added excitedly.

seungcheol laughed and flicked chan's forehead, "for the last time, no. you'll see them once we get there."

chan pouted and rubbed his head, "fine." his pout dissipated quickly once remembering what day today was. "i hope everyone's doing fine," chan said wistfully, "my reading has improved so much too! now i can read those stories to them!"

jihoon smiled, "alright, eat up so we can leave."

with jihoon holding a fresh bouquet of flowers, chan carrying multiple books and seungcheol carrying his mysterious bag, the three walked down to the bakery. "we'll wait out here while you get the cookies." seungcheol said.

"don't take too long!" added chan, pacing around the front of the store excitedly. seungcheol grabbed chan's arm and laughed.

"calm down will you?"

jihoon entered the bakery, waving at the two people behind the counter. jeonghan looked the boy up and down and smiled, "fixed up your hair?" he said, looking at jihoon's now slightly wavy black hair that fell on either side of his face. "and black pants? you never wear those. i wonder what the special occasion is." the man teased.

jihoon rolled his eyes. "you know exactly what's going on. now can you go get me those cookies?"

"on it." jeonghan's head disappeared out of view for a second before it popped back up holding a large basket of all sorts of cookies. "they're gonna love these. have fun today, make sure you tell me all about it tomorrow."

jihoon hummed and grabbed the basket from jeonghan who was currently blowing kisses to chan and seungcheol outside. the entire time, soonyoung was strangely quite. that's because today was his first time seeing jihoon dress up.

he didn't even think it was possible for someone like jihoon to look even prettier than he already was. well, he was wrong. jihoon glanced at the staring boy and waved his hand in front of his eyes.

"hello? anyone in there?"

soonyoung blinked, "jihoonie! you look so pretty! let me hug you!" blushing, jihoon moved away from soonyoung's flour covered body.

"don't cause too much trouble for jeonghan. goodbye." jihoon quickly rushed out the store.

"ji's out! cheol, let's go! cheol?" chan looked at seungcheol who was using his arms to communicate with jeonghan from the bakery window. sighing, chan yanked on seungcheol's arm. "come on, you can talk to hannie later. wait up ji!"

when the three boys left the bakery, soonyoung buried his head in his hands. "why did i say that.. stupid soonyoung.. stupid, stupid." jeonghan snickered at the boy.

"jihoonie! you're so pretty!" jeonghan said, mimicking soonyoung's voice. "you see how he's all dressed up and he even has flowers and everything? jihoon's going on a date today."

soonyoung shot up and looked at jeonghan, "what?!" he yelled out. "i mean- jihoon is going on a- date..." soonyoung's voice died down as his his shoulders slumped. "oh. i mean, good for him i guess."

jeonghan paused and then howled with laughter, "damn, you should've seen yourself!" he said between laughs, "you're way too obvious, pup."

"oh yeah? says the one who shoots heart eyes and literally kisses a certain man with crutches. how are you and seungcheol not together?"

"hey this is about you, not me." jeonghan scowled, "if you're curious on where jihoon's going today, he's going to the clover field orphanage. today is the day the three left that place so every year they go back on this day to visit the kids and nuns. all the kids love them.. i think it's really sweet for them to go back and visit.."

clover field orphanage...

"brings back memories, huh?" seungcheol sighed, looked at the tall church like building sitting in front of them. the longer jihoon stared at the old white building, the more things he started to remember. happy times, sad times.. his entire childhood revolved around this place.

"remember that well in the back?" chan spoke up, "and how seungcheol almost fell into it? and then the nuns had to build a fence around it?

the man groaned, "don't remind me.. i'm never going near one of those things again."

"hey chan, do you remember that time when you spent the entire day searching through the clover fields for four leaf clovers and you didn't even find one? and then the next day eun found one in less than a second?" jihoon said, snickering.

chan let out a huff, "i swear i checked that patch of clovers at least 5 times and there were none! i still have no idea how eun did that. he's a cheater."

"jihoonie, i remember you had to ask yeisoo to help you grab plates because you couldn't reach and she was like three years younger than you." chan high fived seungcheol.

jihoon said nothing and shot the two a glare. "enough, let's go inside."