soixante-sept

the lands in between

jisoo using his name as well as "by authority of his majesty" was able to lie both soonyoung and himself out of reinwa without anyone questioning him. halfway to nytis, soonyoung ditched the little cart and joined jisoo on the horse complimenting the other every other minute about how smooth with his words he was.

as the walls of nytis came grew larger and larger, jisoo cut off soonyoung's "i'm not that bad at physical combat" bickering. " alright soonyoung, time to get serious. i'm looking for a hole? in the wall, right?"

soonyoung let out a little hum of conformation. "the hole should lead to behind the castle. leaving castle grounds will be the difficult part but afterwards things should get much easier."

once arriving by the walls, the two avoided the main gates and circled the stone wall until jisoo pulled the horse to a stop. "this is it, isn't it?" he glanced up and saw a large chunk of the wall missing. "it's higher up than i expected."

soonyoung looked around and frowned, "we didn't bring rope either.."

"thee no need for rope. go from the horse directly to the wall and then i'll give you an extra push." to be frank, jisoo's plan sounded very shaky in soonyoung's ears but he still went with it anyways.

pulling his legs both on one side of the horse, the creature snorted and trotted forwards a few steps. all of this happened unexpectedly, making the prince wave his arms wildly, stopping himself from sliding off.

jisoo let out a low laugh, "sorry about that. i'll keep the horse still." sighing, soonyoung eyed the wall once again and boosted himself off without hesitation. with jisoo giving his feet an extra push, soonyoung managed to climb through the hole.

"wait for me soonyoung, i'll be right up." jisoo said, petting the horse.

"you're coming?" soonyoung asked, head popping into view, "i didn't think you'd want to."

"his majesty won't be very happy with me when he finds out you left." jisoo quickly boosted himself from the horse onto the wall before swiftly climbing through the broken part of the wall. "and i've been wanting to meet this boy who've stolen your heart for a while now."

the two landed on the ground quietly and soonyoung could help but purse his lips unhappily when seeing that jisoo had been doing everything quieter, quicker and with more grace than he had.

"near the stables is a gate that nobody really uses." soonyoung whispered quietly as he led jisoo through the trees and past the royal stables. "we should be able to-

the back door of the stables creaked open and golden light spilled through the crack a young boy who still looked partially asleep emerged from light with a scary looking pitchfork in his hands. "who the fuck are you two?" he growled.

soonyoung squinted at the oddly familiar boy. tall, lanky, pitchfork.. "min- something.. the horse boy."

"do we need to get rid of him?" asked jisoo, stepping forward. soonyoung quickly pulled him back, shaking his.

"hey.. you're sort of familiar..." the tall boy walked closer, not letting go of his weapon, "i think i've seen you.. ah-ha! you were that kid who tried stealing my horses once! i'm not letting you leave this time.." the boy raised his pitchfork and ran towards soonyoung.