Chapter 7: The Start of a War

(A/N)

Enjoy Chapter 7

(Flashback Starts)

"What is your decision Raikage?" Onoki asked. After a moment of silence that seemed to last forever, A answered. "I declare Kaguya to be..."

(Flashback Ends)

"I declare Kaguya to be-" the man known as the Raikage started but paused and adopted a thinking face. Naruto's hope that the vote to not punish Kaguya would be unanimous but his hopes were soon crushed. "I declare Kaguya Otsutsuki to be guilty and is to be executed immediately, " the Raikage said with a firm tone. Everyone had stunned expressions on their faces. "Raikage, please reconsider," Tsunade asked with desperation in her voice. "I agree with the Hokage Raikage, you have to reconsider," Gaara said. "I will not!" the Raikage shouted, "She has killed hundreds of my shinobi during the 4th great ninja war and she will receive the same punishment!".

Naruto wasn't listening to anything. Everyone's voices went deaf in his ears when he heard the Raikage's decision. "How can the Raikage do this to her. She didn't do anything wrong, she was controlled by the Shinju tree" Naruto said in his head. As Kage's argument went on Naruto started to hyperventilate. He clutched his chest as he struggled to breathe. "Naruto!" Tsunade shouted as Naruto collapsed. He was caught by Yugao before he fell onto the floor. Yugao helped him stand back up and steadied him. "Thanks, Yugao," Naruto said as he placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her a thankful smile. She just nodded and returned to her post by the door.

"Regardless of your decision Lord Raikage, it's four against one. You can't have Kaguya executed" Onoki stated. Ay smirked at this, "It's already being taken care of" the Raikage said. Naruto's heart stopped beating. Time seemed to slow down for Naruto when the Raikage said it's already being taken care of. "What do you mean Raikage?" Gaara asked with a slightly angered expression on his face. "What I mean is I've already dispatched an Anbu squad to kill her and anyone connected to her," The Raikage said, glaring at the Kazekage. "You would be killing Leaf Shinobi and a newborn child!" Mai said with a shocked expression. "You would also be violating the Shinobi Alliance laws," Gaara said. He was beyond pissed now. Gaara was Naruto's friend and Gaara considered him family. The Raikage was going to basically kill members of his family. "If you actually issued this you will have declared war on the Hidden Leaf," Tsunade said with a rapidly deteriorating calm demeanor. "If that's what it takes to kill that thing, then so be it!" The Raikage shouted. The Raikage and his guards then shunshined out of the room.

Tsunade immediately turned towards Naruto. Naruto looked at Tsunade's face and without saying anything Naruto vanished in a flash of orange to the hospital. Tsunade turned towards the remaining Kage, "What do you say about this?" Tsunade asked as she eyed each Kage. "The Hidden Sand Village is with you Tsunade," Gaara said as he stood up. Tsunade glanced at Onoki and Mai, waiting for their answer. "I'm sorry Tsunade, I want to help but most of our Jonin and Chunin were lost during the war, The Hidden Mist can't help," Mai said with sadness. She wanted to help but her village's safety had to come first. "It's okay Mai, Onoki?" Tsunade asked as she glanced at the Tsuchikage. "I'm afraid it's the same for us to Lady Hokage," Onoki said. Even though Tsunade wanted their help she understood that as a Kage your village comes first. "I thank you all for coming here. Until next time" Tsunade said. With that, the Mizukage and Tsuchikage left but Gaara stayed behind. "What is it Gaara?" Tsunade asked. "I was just going to tell you that we should meet later and discuss this war," Gaara said. Tsunade agreed and after saying their goodbyes they left. Tsunade slumped back down into her chair with her head down. "Are you okay Lady Tsunade?" Shizune asked, concerned. "I just hope that Naruto made it in time," Tsunade said with worry edged in her voice.