Chapter 17: The Proposition and Promotion

(A/N)

Please enjoy Chapter 17

(Flashback Starts)

Tatsumi's Rasengan started to form 4 large blades of wind that burst into black and blue flames. "Sage Art: Flaming Rasenshuriken!" Tatsumi shouted, purposely leaving the 'vanishing' part out. She threw the Jutsu and halfway it dissipated. "A pitiful excuse for a Shino-" The Raikage said as he was hit with Tatsumi's Jutsu. The explosion from the Jutsu engulfed The Raikage.

Tatsumi didn't expect the Jutsu to finish off the Raikage and wasn't surprised when he came out of the smoke with a few injuries but nothing major. "I'm almost out of Chakra, Better finish this with one last Jutsu," Tatsumi said as she started to form a larger than normal Rasengan in her hand and launched at the Raikage. She was halfway to the Raikage when she sensed familiar chakra signatures.

I canceled my Jutsu and turned around. When I did my eye widened when I spotted people I thought I would never see again.

(Flashback Ends)

"Guys!" Tatsumi shouted happily as she ran towards them with tears of happiness. The group that consisted of Naruto, Mei, Aiko, Yugao, and Hinata stopped when Tatsumi called them out. Naruto was about to move forward and hug Tatsumi but Aiko beat him to it. "Sumi!" Aiko shouted as she ran to the front of the group and embraced Tatsumi in a hug. Tatsumi pulled away but not enough to break the hug and gave Aiko a kiss on the lips. Aiko's face grew beet red form what Tatsumi did and it didn't help when Mei shouted 'Get a room you love birds'. That just made Aiko's face grow redder.

"Don't embarrass them, Mei!" Yugao said sternly. Mei started to argue with Yugao and Tatsumi and Aiko were just chatting like a normal couple. This made both Naruto and Hinata sweatdrop. Naruto coughed to get everyone's attention and once he got it he just simply pointed to the Raikage who was just standing there. Everyone realized the situation they were in and immediately got into their respective fighting stances.

"You want to take a chance and fight all of us now or leave with your life," Naruto said threateningly to the Raikage as he activated his version two chakra cloak. Tatsumi saw the Raikage face grow angry before he angrily spoke. " How about we make a deal," the Raikgae said as he forced out every word, trying to resist the urge to just fight them. He was too proud to admit it but he wouldn't be able to fight them all and survive. And the battle with Tatsumi earlier had drained most of his chakra and he was running on fumes.

"Why would we want to make a deal with you!" Yugao shouted before she started to move forward but was stopped by Naruto holding his arm out in front of her. He looked at Yugao and sent her a look that said 'let's hear him out'. Yugao begrudgingly sheathed her blade but didn't stop sending glares towards the Raikage. Naruto sent the same look to everyone and they all sheathed any weapons they had out or got out of any fighting stances they were in.

Naruto turned his attention towards the Raikage. "What's this 'deal' you want to make?" Naruto asked cautiously. "A prolonged war isn't good for any one of our villages so what I propose is we have one, single, massive battle to end this war once and for all" The Raikage said with a serious tone. Everyone except Naruto looked at the Raikage like he was crazy. Everyone looked towards Naruto and expected him to reject the deal but they were surprised when they saw that he was thinking about it.

Naruto motioned Hinata and Yugao over to him as he walked a short ways away from his team. When Naruto knew no one else could hear them he was about to speak but Yugao interrupted him. "Are you seriously thinking about this Naruto, What the hell!" Yugao whisper yelled while crossing her arms in anger. "I'm with Yugao on this Naruto, why are you thinking about it," Hinata asked calmly, a complete flip from what Yugao's mood was just moments before.