Chapter 12: Clashing with Kumo Ninja

(A/N)

Please enjoy Chapter 12

(Flashback Starts)

"We're here to take back our Tailed Beast you stole from us" One of the Kumo nin shouted. Naruto got into a fighting stance and went into KCM 2 while Tatsumi got her marked Tri-pronged Kunai out, both ready to fight for their lives.

(Flashback Ends)

Naruto and Tatsumi were surrounded by Shinobi from Kumogakure. Naruto could sense that there were about 10 around them and another 10 hiding in the trees. "What the hell do you want from us!" Naruto demanded. "You're also in the Konohagakure territory without permission so either leave-" Tatsumi says as she grabs another one of her tri-pronged kunai in her other hand, "or die".

Naruto grinned at his daughter's confidence despite being faced with about 20 enemy shinobi that are most likely Chunin level or above. "Give us the Two-Tails back and we'll leave you alone" demanded one of the Kumo Nin. Naruto was about to tell him off but Tatsumi beat him to it. "Me and Tabi are already great friends airhead so you can just go ahead and fuck off, we're giving her to you," Tatsumi said as she started to emit black and blue flame from her hair.

"The Two-Tails is sealed in the girl" The head Kumo-Nin shouted to his men, "Grab her and take her back to the Village". Suddenly the 10 Kumo-Nin that was surrounding them launched at them. Naruto created Shadow clones to deal with his half of the ten and to take care of the Shinobi hiding in the trees. Tatsumi grinned as the Kumo-nin launched towards her. "You ready for our first fight Tabi?" Tatsumi asked. "Definitely" Matatabi responded. Tatsumi could see Matatabi but knew she was smiling at the thought of helping her Jinchuriki in her first major fight.

Tatsumi closed her eyes and started to gather Nature energy. The Kumo-nin smirked and thought that she would be easy to take, how badly mistaken they were. Before Tatsumi opened her eyes the typical orange surrounded around her eyes. Once she opened her eyes the Kumo-nin saw that her pupils had changed into that of a toad but it also had a black slit going down the middle of her eye. Her eye color changed to, it had changed to a yellow color in her right eye and green color in her left eye.

Tatsumi threw the kunai she held and weaved a few hand signs. "Shuriken Shadow Clone Jutsu" Tatsumi shouted as her two tri-pronged kunai turned into hundreds of kunai. Two of the Kumo-nin got hit with the kunai and died instantly. The other three substituted at the last second. "They think they can get away from me," Tatsumi said while laughing. She suddenly felt a presence behind her but she had sensed it. She pretended to not notice and as that Nin was about to slap a chakra suppression tag on her she whipped around with a Rasengan in hand. "Fire Style: Rasengan!" Tatsumi shouted as she shoved a flaming black and blue Rasengan into the Kumo-nin. He flew back and hit a tree with black and blue flames covering his body.

The fight didn't last long as Naruto took out most of the Kumo-nin with one punch and Tatsumi took out five of them by testing the new abilities that she got from becoming Matatabi's Jinchuriki. Once the fight was over Naruto and Tatsumi sealed all the bodies into a scroll and Naruto placed it into his back pouch. "We need to tell Granny Tsunade about this" Naruto said. "I'll race you there" Tatsumi smirked. "You're on!" Naruto shouted playfully. They both disappeared in their own respective flashes of light as they teleported to the Hokage's office.

Tsunade was in her chair in the Hokage's office staring at the stacks of paper in front of her. "I need some sake," Tsunade thought as she looked around, making sure no one was there as she pulled a small bottle of Sake out of her secret stash in the desk. Just as she was about to open the bottle and drink flashes of orange and blue were seen and out came Naruto and Tatsumi. Tsunade quickly opened the draw and put the bottle back into it.

"Naruto, Tatsumi, to what do I own the pleasure of this surprise visit," Tsunade asked trying hard to hold back her annoyance. "Granny we have something to tell you," Naruto said in his loud tone. "Don't call me Granny brat" Tsunade said with an irk mark on her forehead. "But Granny, something happened," Tatsumi said, copying her father's name for the Hokage. Tsunade snapped her head over to Tatsumi and glared at her. "you too" Tsunade snapped back.

"We were attacked by Kumo-nin just outside the Forest of Death," Naruto said. Tsunade had a look of rage all over her face. Not at Naruto or Tatsumi but at Kumogakure. "They must think we're weak if they sent some off there shinobi in to attack you two," Tsunade said with anger in her voice. "But why were you by the Forest of Death?" Tsunade asked. Tatsumi looked at Naruto for permission and NAruto gave it by nodding his head.

"Well you know those big cat paw prints you told Tou-san about," Tatsumi said and Tsunade nodded in acknowledgment. "Well those paw prints belong to Matatabi, the Two-Tailed Beast" Tatsumi said. She watched Tsunade's eyes grow wide with surprise. "Did you encounter this, Matatabi?" Tsunade asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yes we did," Tatsumi said as the excitement built up in her. "What happened?" Tsunade asked, the curiosity was getting to her. "Well I'll show you," Tatsumi said as she closed her eyes. Soon a regular kitten sized Matatabi with her two tails poofed onto Tatsumi's shoulder. Tsunade and even Naruto looked at Tatsumi with surprise.

Naruto looked at Tatsumi with surprise because she's only had Matatabi for a short time and she's able to summon a miniature version of Matatabi while Naruto isn't able to do that with Kurama. Tsunade was surprised because of the little kitten with black and blue flaming fur and mismatched eyes sitting on Tatsumi's shoulder. "Tatsumi, explain this immediately" Tsunade demanded. Tatsumi walked up and stood in front of Tsunade's desk and Matatabi jumped down on to it. Tsunade had to resist the urge to pet the small adorable creature in front of her. "To make a long story short, I'm the Jinchuriki of the Two-Tails now," Tatsumi said.

"Is that why those Kumo-nin attacked you both" Tsunade asked as she eyed the creature etching itself ever closer to her. "Basically yeah" Tatsumi chirped. Tsunade was staring right into Matatabi's mismatched eyes. Tatsumi saw the struggle Tsunade was having and smiled at the aging Hokage. "Do you want to pet her?" Tatsumi said giving Tsunade a knowing smile. Tsunade looked down in shame at being figured out so quickly. "I do not mind if you pet me Lady Tsunade" Matatabi spoke. Tsunade reached out her hand hesitantly towards Matatabi and her head hovered over the kitten sized tailed beast's head. Tsunade then slowly began to pet Matatabi. Matatabi started to purr quietly but Tsunade could feel it as she stroked Matatabi's flaming fur.

"Why Not!" Naruto suddenly shouted, scarring Tsunade, Tatsumi, and Matatabi who jumped back to Tatsumi's shoulder. "Naruto, what the hell!" Tsunade shouted back, knocking Naruto's spaced-out look. "Were you talking to Kurama-nii?" Matatabi asked. Naruto nodded and both her and Tatsumi understood what he was trying to get Kurama to do. "Kurama-nii has to much pride to be seen as this" Matatabi said. Naruto looked down in disappointment but looked up quickly with a happy expression on his face.

"Just wait until Sakura-chan and Sasuke-teme see you and Matatabi," Naruto said with a grin. "I'm afraid you can't tell anyone else about this" Tsunade said, regaining herself. "Why?" Naruto whined. "Because if word got out that the leaf has another Tailed Beast other villages might join Kumo in their war with us and the Sand" Tsunade explained. "Oh," Naruto said quickly. Tsunade then reached over to a stack of papers that was hidden behind another stack and pulled out three papers forms and handed them to Naruto.

"Are these?" Naruto questioned and Tsunade nodded. "What is it Tou-san?" Tatsumi asked while glancing at the papers in her father's hands. Naruto turned towards her with a smile plastered on his face. "These are Chunin Exam forms," Naruto said happily. "Does that mean?" Tatsumi said excitedly. "Yep, Team 7 is entering the Chunin Exams".

(A/N)

Thanks for reading this chapter

Published: Sunday - June 14, 2020 - 11:35 a.m