Secret Of The Past (13)

They shocked.

"Luffy!" Sabo, Ace, Hancock and Strawhats screamed.

"O-Oi!" Vista stutters. "When did he-"

"BLADE!" Lucas yelled angrily, ignoring the tears. "Let my little brother go!"

"I cannot do that," the other twin said calmly. "If I did then you will run away from me." His eyes held a mad glint, glowing eeriely. "I will not let both of you go."

"You're fucking mad!" Dan cursed as he glared at him. "You leave Luffy out of this! He's just a child!"

"He's my brother!" Blade snarled.

"Crazy son of a bitch!" Lucky Roo cussed as the audience glared at him.

"If he's alive," Zoro snarled. "I will be the one that slice him up!"

"Get in line," Sanji said. "I am first."

A sudden scream can be heard forcing them to turn around and saw the Crawlers dragging the bodies toward the holes while few are sniffing around.

"Time's running out," Blade said as he gain their attention. "It's only matter of time till they get the scent of us. Make your choice."

Lucas looked hesitant.

"No way!" Chopper denied. "They can do it! They can defeat those Crawlers!"

"Y-Yeah!" Usopp agreed. "Lucas is strong right? He can beat them!"

"More Crawlers will come," Robin shook her head. "Lucas and Dan are strong as they looked but who know on how many of those things will come."

"So they're sitting ducks." Nami frowns.

"Not to mention Rune-sama is old and fragile," Dragon spoke. "He may be strong but he has limits."

Ace grimaced.

Luffy sobbed and whimpers making Lucas gritted his teeth. Dan also looked hesitant, hovering over Rune protectively as the elder is watching quietly.

"Well?"

"...Fine," Lucas grunts in defeat. "We will go with you."

"But-" Chopper protests.

"He has no choice," Brook said. "Like Robin-san said, who knows on how many Crawlers are there."

"They will get outnumbered," Chopper murmured, nodding. Nami and Robin cheered him up with pats and smile which he smiled back.

"Don't feel bad," Nami comforted. "I'm sure Lucas has a plan and afterall, he would do anything for Luffy's safety."

"You're right!" Chopper beamed.

Blade grinned, looks happy and stepped forward to rubbed his thumb on his brother's cheek.

"I know you would agreed," he said softly, oblivious to the twin's stiffened form. "I promised I will protect both of you."

"Bastard," Sabo scowled.

Dragon and Garp frowned.

Not wanting to waste their time, they quickly followed Blade behind and leave the area with tense silence.

Lucas clenched his fists when he saw Blade cuddling and petting Luffy in his arms while the poor boy is trembling.

"Are you going to take us to the Core?" Dan asked hesitantly.

Ace clenched his fists. 'Uncle Dan...'

Blade beamed. "Of course," he looked hyped. "With the help of my brothers, we will be together again!"

"This guy is nuts!" Haruta exclaims.

"More like crazy," Vista corrected. "Blade is not making any sense at all!"

"The Blood of D..." Marco muttered under his breath, narrowing his eyes. "What is he using them for, yoi?"

"What about his ability?" Coby looked curious about Blade's power and remember the form he took as Frey. "Is it a copy?"

"No," Dragon looked unexpectedly uncomfortable despite his serious face. "His ability is more than that."

"Got any plan?" Dan whispers, carrying Rune from behind.

"...Yes," Lucas nodded. "It's risk but-"

"It will worked," the man looked confident. "I believed in you."

The twin nodded, thankful for his friend's confidence and hopefully his plan will worked.

Meanwhile on the other side of the cave, a group of remaining marines are hiding from the Crawlers.

"Some are still alive," Smoker noted.

"Oh thank goodness!" Tashigi sighed.

"Does that means..." Garp mutters.

"Report."

"Sir!" One of the marines saluted despite the bloody appearance.

"Joules is still alive," Garp growled.

"I was hoping that he's dead," Shanks scoffed, still pissed at the former marine. "Guess not."

"Our prisoners has escaped and sixteen of our men are down."

"And?"

"The weapons are loaded and ready."

"Good," Joules grunts. "I am not going to waste my time on reloaded them." Then glanced up. "I still need to cleanse my sins afterall."