Secret Of The Past (14)

"That guy still think he can be clean?" Thatch gawked. "But does he know that he's been tricked?"

"Joules didn't care around his surroundings," Scourge spoke. "As long as he get his hands on the creature, he will get his wish."

Sengoku grimaced, knowing how right the god is. Joules may have potential but his sanity is long gone the moment he gets stronger.

Blade and the others can be seen, walking through the long rock highway. Waterdrops can be heard from distance and the tension are around the group.

Luffy is wary and uneasy as he listening to Blade's rumbling, keeping his eyes on his brother.

Lucas is glaring at his twin's back with his fists clenching.

"Lucas is pissed," Haruta noted.

"We know," Izo said.

"Luffy is in the hands of his supposed to be death brother," Zoro glared at the happy dark twin. "Lucas has a right to be mad."

Dan and Rune could only watched worriedly with silent.

"Are you really nii-cha's brother?" Luffy couldn't help but asked. Blade brightened and smiled softly at him. "Yes I am," he nodded. "We're twins."

"Twins?"

"Twins are like me and Lucas born on the same day," Blade explained. Luffy make a knowing face and nodded with understanding.

"Why didn't Luffy said anything about this?" Nami asked causing Dragon and Garp to flinched.

"That's because he made a promise with someone," Scourge answered, startling them. "Who?" Coby questioned.

"You will see."

"Leave Luffy out of this," Lucas growled. "He ask question," the other twin remind him. "And I answered."

"Doesn't matter!"

"Oh really?" Blade looks amused. "Did I left you out? My dear brother, do forgive me for ignoring you."

He reached out to grabbed his arm and pull toward them as his arm sneak around his waist. "There," he smirked. "Does it make you feel better?"

Lucas just glared.

"Is that guy having a brocom or something?" Franky asked bluntly.

Sabo and Ace flinched before exchanged glances with wide eyes. Dragon mentally sighed, remember how his son keeping Lucas away from anyone.

"I will fucking kill you," Lucas hissed.

"Don't let Luffy hear those words," Blade scolded. "He'll end up cussing like ourselves."

Luffy just looked at them nervously.

"I have never seen him this mad..." Garp mumbled, overheard by Sengoku and Smoker. They exchanged looks to each others, wondering if they heard it right.

"Lucas..." Rune speak up for the first time. "Did y-"

"We're here," Blade interupted.

"Rude," Izo huffed.

"Wonder what he's going to say," Haruta questioned.

In front of the small group, a wooden bridge reached across the other side and they can see how deep below was with the faint sound of splashing water.

All but Blade looked uneasy, grimacing as they looked at the hole from the other side of the bridge.

"Woah!" Usopp let out his bulged eyes. "It's big!" The others are gawking.

"How deep is it?" Nami asked.

Luffy shivered, unconsciously scoot closer which the dark twin don't mind and patted on his small back happily.

For once, Lucas didn't mind the gesture and only stared at the bridge with cold sweat. Dan is narrowing his eyes, looked around and Rune is calm but anxious.

"This is the way to the Core isn't?" Dan asked. "Yes," Rune nodded. "This is the way."

"I thought the path to the Core was secured," Lucas looked shocked, looked at the leader over his shoulder. "You said that it's the only one!"

"Forgive me," Rune looked apologetic and tired. "I am getting too old and my memories are more blurry than I used to be."

"He's right," Chopper looked worried, examinating the Pirate King's father. "He looked like he's about to passed out."

Ace is more worried. Unlike Garp, his blood related grandfather is getting weak and the eyes are slowly dimmed.

"It is not surprising," Scourge said. "Even with Roger's death, Rune was one of the oldest man that ever lived and it is a wonder how he's able to stay alive."

Whitebeard hummed, intrigued at how determined the man was and much older than himself. A newfound respect is flashing in his eyes, staring at his old rival's father.

"What does he meant by secured?" Thatch asked.

Lucas nodded, accept his forgiveness and turned back. "Who wants to go first?"

"I'll go," Dan voluntered. "You take Rune-sama a-"

Without hesitation, Blade calmly walked with a startled boy in his arms and shocked them.

"Hey!" Dan looked alarmed. "Do-"

"Luffy!" Lucas cries.

The audience are also shocked.

"What is he doing?!" Nami screeched.

"Luffy-san!" Brook cried.

"Luffy!" Ace and Sabo are also cried.

"Oi oi!" Marco is startled.

Luffy whimpered, hearing a creak and shut his eyes.