Secret Of The Past (25)

"Do you think Blade is still alive?"

"I doubt that," Whitey shook her head, a wave of anger washed over her as she still remember how he kill Rune's family. "With all broken bones and blood loss, he most likely be dead."

"Why would he do that?" Fossa questioned, let out a smoke after he pull out his cigar. "Why would he hell bent to kill them? Even attempting to do the same to his own mother."

"Dragon-san," Koala looked at him. "What does Blade like when he's young?"

"... He always goes exploring for adventures," he answered after slight hesitation. "He sometimes would jump into the fights and got himself into trouble."

"He's thirst for fight?" Sabo blinked.

"Something like that," then he looked complicated much to their surprised. This is a first time they saw him with such expression other than his stoic one.

"He used to be kind though... he's rather helpful and he used to be inseparable with Lucas."

"How did this happen?" Chopper asks.

"You just need to watch and see what happen," Scourge interupting them.

"The cave should be around here somewhere," a man mumbled aloud, parting the bushes away.

"Is that it?" Oliver pointing at the small cave with plenty of space for everyone and two big rocks are in front.

"Yeah that's it!" His black eyes brighten up and pushed forward with others following behind.

Dan hissed at the stinging pain from his elbows and knees, almost collapsed if it wasn't for Makino held him.

"Dan-san!" She looked at him with worry. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he let out a forced smile.

"You're not fine baka," Shanks grumbles, staring worriedly.

Apparently someone else is agreed.

"You're not fine," said Lucas who walked up to them and stare with disappointed gaze. "You obviously got injured and let mom take a look at you once we're at the cave."

Dan tried to protest but with firm glares from them causing him to sigh and nodded.

"Fine."

"Stubborn as ever," the red headed shook his head. His crews looked at him with deadpan.

Ace glanced at him with surprised.

'He know uncle?'

He make a note to ask Shanks later.

Lucas lifted his other arm around his shoulder and lead him to the cave before lay him down.

"I'll go get Risa-san," Makino stood up and run off to find her, leaving those two in silent.

"... Rune-sama let himself stay isn't?"

"... Yes," Dan said with sorrow eyes. "He... he sacrificed himself so that we could escaped."

Others lowered their heads, praying for the death of the fine leader.

Lucas sit next to him and stared at the ceiling, ignoring the two volunteers who keep a look out and using their abilities.

"... How are you holding up?"

"Worse," Lucas said bluntly, clenched his fists after the flash of Luffy being captured by Crust. "I need to find a way to save my brother."

"Crust is a lot more powerful than he used to," Dan remind him with frown. "Who knows what he will do to Luffy once he used Flames."

They looked at each others with sweats and gulped in unison. Without knowing what ability the creature was, they are feared on what will happen next.

If Crust did used all abilities...

"Do you anything that might help?"

"Of what?"

"His weakness for example."

"... I don't know," he sighed regretfully. "I'm sorry but I do not know what his weakness was and I should blamed myself that I wasn't pay attention to the story."

"You were young."

"Still regret it."

At least they chuckles a little.

"They are trying to make themselves feel better," Marco noted. "But with the danger of people's lives, they need to find a way to escape."

"How?" Thatch looked at his brother.

"I... I don't know."

"I am back!"

Makino walked back with Risa nearby, kneel down and examinated his body.

"So how is he?" The green headed asked with worry.

"He's lucky that he can move and he'll be recovered in no time," Risa sighs with relief. "You're lucky that you're able to get your arms and legs or else you will ended up being disabled."

"Always a blunt in the end," Garp mumbled, remember how she slapped the back of his head and roasted him to no end.

He swore that crazy woman hated his guts after he trained his grandsons.

... Then again, Blade was attempted to kill him and it really broke his heart on how his own grandson with such action.

Dragon just twitch his lips, one of the reasons why he attracted to her.

Dan hitched his breaths, groan at the cool aura as he could feel his body slowly healing itself.

"There, better?"

"Much," the man let out a thankful smile. "Thank you."

Ace sighed with relief.

"That ability is quite useful," Koala remarked.

"It is indeed," Jiru nodded.

While Risa is scolding Dan for being ruckless and Makino just step in to defend him, Lucas is staring outside with determined gaze.

'Don't worry Luffy,' he thought silently with his hand grip the scarf tightly. 'I will find a way to save you... I swear!'

Somewhere in the darkness, a shape of oval with black vines is glowing dimly with hand sticking out and twitch.

They felt uncomfortable when they are surrounded in the dark and gasped to see a small arm hanging limply.

They immediately recognized who it is.

"Luffy!" Strawhats cried.

"Luffy!" Ace and Sabo are also cried, standing up from their seats.

"He's still alive," Izou place his hand on his chest where the heart is located. "Thank goodness!"

"Don't worry Luffy!" Chopper reassured with tears. "Lucas is coming to save you!"