Secret Of The Past (37)

Lucas lean back, allowing his brother to breathe properly and lay his head on his lap.

Blade sighed tiredly, closing his eyes to rest and smiles as he felt a familiar warm on his chest.

Risa is healing him with firm determination, noting how exhausted he is due to the possession of Crust's shadow.

It letting out a spark of anger that her son is been controlled and forced to killed people he known for.

"Chopper," Usopp looked at the reindeer Devil Fruit user, worry for his friend's brother. "How is he?"

"No doubt that he's exhausted," he explained professionally. "Minor injuries, concussion but overall, he just need some rest."

"Thank goodness," Nami sighed with relief. "I'm glad that Luffy' brother is okay."

"But they have no time to rest," Garp said seriously. "They're still need to deal with Joules as well as Crust."

"Speaking of that, what exactly happen to Joules?" Thatch questioned curiously. "Is he dead?"

"Please tell me that he's death," Haruta is almost begged. Almost.

Scourge just let out a wide smile.

"You will have to watch."

"Is he gonna be okay?" Oliver asked with concern. She's happy to see him being freed from the clutch of Crust's shadow and possessed is something not to take lightly of.

Seeing the state of her crush's brother makes her wondering on just how strong did Crust have become?

Without the alert of villagers, he separated part of his shadow to roam freely after being trapped inside the massive ice. He met Blade who desperate searching for a cure for Luffy and strike a deal without showing the malicious intent.

She knew Blade.

Blade is hungry for battles and always excited for training. He's stubborn like his twin, kind like his mother and charisma like his father.

"Sounds a lot like him," Ace shivered at the thought of Blade, trained by Garp with excited face. "Somewhat." Sabo is also shivering.

No person would enjoy the torture they've went through but seems like Blade thought otherwise.

Garp just grinned, remember how pumped his grandson is unlike Lucas and Luffy who against him openly.

Helmeppo and Cody are also shivered, experience the training from him as well.

Dragon shook his head with small smile. Blade always want to find some good challenges and Garp's training regimen was one of them.

"He just need some rest," Risa replied lightly, fused some more energy. "He'll be all right."

"To think that he's possessed," a man said with disbelief. "We didn't even see it coming."

"None of us are prepared for this," Lucas grunts, running his fingers on his hair. "But one thing for sure, those barriers will hold him for as long as it can."

"However the island cannot handle the pressure of destruction that cause by him," Risa added seriously. "Sooner or later, none of us will ever going to survive if we stay here any longer."

"But what can we do?" Oliver questioned, bit her lower lip. "We don't even know the way to undo the curse."

"Is there any way?" Izou asked.

"I don't know..." Marco frowns. Then his eyes lifted as he notice something.

'Unless-'

"The legend said that a survivor read those lines from Poneglyph right?" Lucas remind them.

"Yeah bu-" he nodded.

"When he read those lines, the barrier and our abilities are appeared at the same time right?"

"... Yes."

"What is he getting at?" Zoro looked at Lucas. "Is it something we should be aware of?"

Hancock blinked and gain a certain glint. "Of course," she murmured. "That could work...!"

"Onee-sama?" Her sisters said unison.

Whitebeard rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm... I see," he nodded in understanding.

"What?" Thatch looked at him.

"What is it?" Haruta asked.

"Come on Pops! Tell us!"

"What are you getting at?" Oliver asked curiously and Risa lighten up.

"Of course!" She gasped. "Why didn't I think of that?"

"What?" The woman looked at her and Lucas, back and forth. "What is it?"

"It's the Poneglyph!" Risa revealed. "The cube is causing those barrier and the abilities in the first place!"

Almost everyone widened their eyes.

"I knew it!" Marco grins.

"Wait a minute! If they are to destroy the Poneglyph-"

"If we can get to the Core and destroy it then-" Lucas is now grin, a rare sight to see him with such expression.

"Crust will no longer exists!"

"Crust will no longer exists!" The audience jolted in realization, gasping and cursing that they didn't notice in the first place.

They noticed the god staring at them with smug smirk which is rare.

"I was wondering when you all are going to figured it out," he said. "They just need to go to the Core, destroyed it and Crust will be gone for good."

They gawked at him.

"IT'S JUST THAT SIMPLE?!"

"Of course it is." Scourge snickered.