three

Hufflepuff, a house of many talents, had always been especially commended for it's ability to throw some of the best Hogwarts parties and that night was no different

The students rose to the challenge of celebrating their new Quidditch captain and by the time eight o' clock struck on the clock above the fireplace, the Hufflepuff common room was overflowing with students from every house and food lined every table in sight.

Marigold was passed around all night between congratulators and around half past nine, Angelina found her pouring a glass of Butterbeer by the tables.

"I told you everything was going to be fine!" She shouted over the noise for Marigold to hear, attacking her in a hug. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks Ang, when did you get here?" She shouted back, "Where's the boys?"

"We got in now, they should be just behind me!"

Marigold glanced over Angelina's shoulder to the common room entrance where she spotted Diego bounding towards her, behind him she noticed two heads of flaming red hair disappear into the crowd.

Before she could give it another thought, Diego attacked her into a big hug, lifting her off her feet.

"My best friend is captain! My best friend is captain!" He shouted over the hoards of people.

Marigold grew red in the face, she patted his shoulder, "Diego, you're embarrassing me ..." Winslow congratulated her in a more civilized manner and Bernie found her later in the night.

As the evening drew close to midnight, Angelina found Marigold to tell her she was going to bed. "I have to be up early, I think the boys and Bernie are staying." Marigold had barely a moment to nod in reply before being pulled aside by the team who were having a celebratory group shot of Firewhiskey that Herbert had managed to smuggle in from home.

It was almost two in the morning when Marigold stumbled back into her dorm room after fighting against well-wishers for nearly an hour. She shut the door on Diego urging her to take another drink, sighing as she face planted onto her bed. On the bunk nearby, she could hear Elin's light snores. Elin had left the party before even Angelina had, "Lack of sleep has been proven to negatively affect a student's performance in school--"

Marigold lifted a hand to rub her eyes, the buzz of the Firewhiskey was making the room spin. After convincing herself to brush her teeth and change into pajamas, she crashed back into bed. Ajah and Rose had still not returned and Marigold could still hear the music thumping from the other side of the wall. She tried to remember a spell McGonagall once taught them on how to sound-proof a room but before she could reach for her wand, she'd fallen asleep.

                                                                                         _________

Marigold crept behind the common room curtains, trying to slow her breath. "I'm coming to find you!" A voice called. She could hear the footsteps nearing, each step growing louder until it felt like the whole common room was shaking from the force, roaring in her ears. Marigold clamped her hands over her ears, eyes screwed shut in fear -