eleven

"Oy, Johnson," Luke turned to her, obviously ready to start another argument, "You need to keep your boyfriends in line—"

Angelina grabbed Marigold by the arm and started pulling her in the direction of the castle, even a Gryffindor knew that entertaining Luke's call to another fight would only land her and the team in more trouble.

"I'm talking to you!" They could hear Luke yell after them as they trudged the path up to the castle.

Angelina's fingers were digging into her arm to the point that there would most definitely be bruises but Marigold didn't mention it.

"Ang," she said tentatively between panting, Angelina was practically sprinting up the hill and Marigold stumbled to keep up, "Where are we going?"

She didn't respond but kept muttering, "I'm going to kill them, I'm going to kill them."

They had reached the landing of the first corridor, Marigold felt the chill of the castle creep up through her jumper. Angelina still hadn't said anything of value and Marigold swore she could see smoke billowing from her ears.

Deciding it was best, Marigold stopped Angelina lightly by her arm.

"Goldie, we need to go—"

"Ang," she said gently, "You have every right in the world to be furious at them—"

"Goldie, they—"

"—But I think for your sake, you need to take a deep breath," Angelina let her shoulders fall slightly, pulling in a breath, "Just take a sec."

Marigold knew her best friend, Angelina was an independent soul but when she was in such an angry state, she needed somebody to help calm her down before she did or said anything she'd regret.

She wouldn't have dragged Marigold along with her if she didn't need her company.

There was a moment of silence, Angelina shut her eyes, running a hand over the side of her temple. She nodded quietly, releasing the tight grip she had on Marigold's arm. "Alright, I'm calm. I'm still going to kill them though."

She chuckled, "I wouldn't expect anything less. Let's go."

Angelina was leading them to the west side of the castle, Marigold figured the only place the boys could be was McGonagall's classroom so she followed Angelina without any more questions.

The corridors were filling up, people coming in from the stadium. Students stared at Angelina as they walked, talking behind their hands, but she didn't pay them any mind.

When they eventually reached McGonagall's class, Angelina turned to Marigold, "You can go if you want to."

She shook her head, "No, it's okay. I'll wait for you." Angelina smiled gratefully and Marigold offered her a nod of support before taking a seat on a bench out in the corridor.