five

The next two weeks went by so quickly, Marigold had almost forgotten that her and George had their first Potions practical that Friday

The next two weeks went by so quickly, Marigold had almost forgotten that her and George had their first Potions practical that Friday. She'd found it wasn't as easy to be partners with him as she had been hoping, through no fault of George's own but rather that of his rebellious nature, Marigold quickly learnt that Snape - while not characteristically very friendly - had a certain strong dislike for the Weasley twins.

Her and George would often be forced to clean up after class and she was sure he'd marked her and George's papers more harshly than the rest. Diego had written his essay on a "Goblet's Law" rather than the assigned topic, Golpalott's Law, and he still did better than her.

It was on the Thursday night before the practical that the group found themselves in the library surrounded by Potions notes. Marigold had been so wrapped up in Quidditch practices that she'd fallen asleep the night before without learning the ingredient list for the Cure for Boils like she promised George she would.

"What ingredient goes after the sunflower root and how must it be added?" Marigold read the question off the paper they had to memorize.

George leaned forward, rubbing his forehead, "Uhm ... fluxweed? And it must be added ... slowly?"

Marigold let out an exhausted chuckle, "Almost right, the fluxweed is correct but it needs to be added piece by piece every five seconds."

"I knew that." He replied, resting his head in his hands and shutting his eyes.

At the table with them was Fred and Lee and Angelina with Elin. Bernie had long since given up hope for her and Diego and they hadn't joined them in the library. Marigold glanced over at the clock against the wall, it was almost twelve. They'd been there for nearly three hours. Out of all of them, Elin and Lee were the most prepared. Marigold knew that Quidditch had been keeping the rest of their study hours to a minimum and Angelina looked just about defeated.

Marigold looked back at George, for a moment she was sure he'd fallen asleep. She placed a gentle hand on his arm and he looked up, hair falling into his face.

"Come on, George," She said, "Let's do two more and then we can take a break."

George sighed dramatically but then nodded his head.

"Hey," Fred caught everyone's attention, "If we want to go take a break..."

From under the table, he discreetly lifted a small clear bag with five or so bedazzled cigarettes inside of it.

Angelina gasped and Fred quickly hid it under the table before they could draw too much attention.

"Pixie dust?" Marigold whispered, "Where did you get it?"

Fred shrugged, "One of the Ravenclaw fifth-years."

"Was it Ryan?" Angelina asked, Fred nodded.