nine

Marigold's head was perched up by her hand throughout breakfast

Marigold's head was perched up by her hand throughout breakfast. She yawned, pushing the porridge around in it's bowl until it grew cold.

"First meeting's today," Angelina spoke in a hushed tone, "Hermione told me we need to all meet on the seventh floor: by that tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy. Five o' clock."

Marigold shut her eyes, groaning quietly. She was exhausted. She'd had another nightmare about Cedric that woke her at three in the morning - it took her nearly two hours to fall back to sleep, trying to push the image of his face from the forefront of her mind.

They had Harry Potter's underground defense meeting after classes but her and George were writing their potions practical the next day and Marigold knew that they both desperately needed to study for it if they wanted any chance of passing.

Before she could sulk any more, the grand clock in the Great Hall rung ten to nine. Marigold pushed her untouched breakfast away from her and stood to join Elin, making their way to Care of Magical Creatures.

Between watching Professor Grubbly-Plank extract treacle from a Glumbumble and the nap against her desk in History of Magic, the school day went by quickly and soon Marigold, Elin and the Slytherins were walking back from the Astronomy tower. Marigold watched as Blaise Zabini passed them.

"Hey," She said, "Does Bernie still have that thing going on with Zabini?"

Elin shrugged, popping a multivitamin gummy-bear, "I don't know actually."

It was only three o' clock when they met everybody back in the Great Hall where afternoon tea was being served. Marigold's stomach was growling, by lunch she still hadn't been feeling any better than at breakfast and barely touched her shepard's pie. She leaned over and picked up a chicken sandwich, biting into it happily.

"You said five o' clock for the Defense meeting, right?" She asked Angelina around a mouthful of sandwich, leaning over to pick up Angelina's goblet of pumpkin juice and taking a gulp.

Angelina eyed her with mock irritation, taking her goblet back and refilling it, "Yeah."

Marigold was quiet a moment, considering the amount of time before then, "Have you seen George?"

Angelina looked up, grinning, "Why?" She asked, insinuation dripping from her tone.

"We need to study for potions tomorrow or we're both going to fail and Snape will have our arses. That's why." She replied dramatically.

"Oh," Angelina deflated slightly, "Well last I saw him and Fred were at that bench in the quad by Trelawney's tower."

Marigold grabbed her bag off the seat and secured it over her shoulder, stopping to check that she'd packed all her Potions notes. "I'll catch you guys later then, at the meeting. I'll come with the twins."