four

More so than her voice, it was Elin's footsteps that woke Marigold

"Goldie!" she called as she walked back into the room in her towel, "I told you to be up before I got back from the showers!"

Marigold sat upright, another dream about Cedric flashing behind her eyes. She glanced at the clock, if she didn't get up and shower just then, she would miss the handing out of timetables.

Rushed by Elin, Marigold managed to shower and get into her uniform in under thirty minutes. When they stepped into the Great Hall, they stopped by the Hufflepuff table to collect their timetables from Professor Sprout.

"Oh girls," Sprout stopped them before they could head to the Gryffindor table, "If you see Ms. Harris, please tell her to come see me."

They nodded and made their way across the Hall, taking their seats.

"Bernie," Elin said, "Sprout is looking for you."

Bernie sighed, exasperated. "Merlin's beard, I knew that would come back to bite me."

"What is it?" Angelina asked, looking up from arranging her books in her bag.

"I didn't hand in this assignment at the end of last year, I suppose she wants it now. It's not done, I haven't even started it."

"Guys!" Marigold exclaimed, looking up from her timetable, "Gryffindor and Hufflepuff share Defense Against the Dark Arts first lesson."

"And potions this afternoon." Angelina added.

Marigold managed to get down some breakfast in-between discussing their shared classes and before she knew it, it was ten to nine.

"We should get going, that new Defense teacher looks like she's strict." Elin said.

Marigold folded a croissant into a napkin and placed it into her bag, dropping an apple alongside it. "Ready to go."

They'd barely cleared the exit of the Great Hall when a voice called out for them from behind.

"Oy!"

Marigold spun around to find the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan hot on their heels, "We're all heading to Defense right?" Fred asked.

Angelina nodded, "Yeah," and the group began to walk together. 

"Goldie," Lee stepped in beside Marigold, "How's it feel to be captain."

"Hey Lee, you alright?" Marigold smiled, "You know what they say, uneasy lies the head that wears the crown."

Her and Lee had always been friendly due to her place in the Quidditch world. When Lee commentated he nicknamed her the "Golden Knight", a nickname she wasn't ever particularly fond of but she could admit that it was clever play on her name.