ten

The days bore on and early Winter started to befall the castle

The days bore on and early Winter started to befall the castle. Marigold's days were filled with long afternoons over the pitch, and longer evenings behind the books.

DA meetings were a weekly constant, after the first week all members had received a galleon that displayed the date of the next meeting when Harry had chosen a suitable day - Hermione mentioned that it was best to keep the meetings sporadic in case Umbridge was watching.

They'd gone from disarming charms to hex-deflection and counter curses, Harry mentioned they might even do Patronus charms before the end of term. Marigold was enjoying the DA meetings, it became a period where she could enjoy time with her friends and block out the stress of classes, Quidditch and Umbridge.

Due to her crazy schedule, she barely saw her friends, so Marigold enjoyed being able to see more of them at the DA meetings. She was growing ever closer to the Gryffindor boys she'd befriended only a few weeks before.

Fred, George and Lee were becoming a constant in her life that she was beginning to rely on. Barely a day would pass without Fred's witty commentary or Lee's pestering about the abilities of her new Seeker. She saw George most of all, their potions marks were doing well - even against the bias of Professor Snape.

The pair spent too many breakfasts at the quieter end of the Gryffindor table, memorizing ingredient lists and evenings after dinner listing apparatus. While the Weasley twins were well-known for their genius pranks and sense of humor, rarely anybody spoke of how intelligent the two really were.

George knew how to calculate the dilution ratios of their potions like nobody Marigold had ever seen and Fred had showed her how they studied different Transfiguration charms for their Canary Creams or any of the other products on their ingenious (but mostly somewhat dangerous) line of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

Despite her best attempts at pushing aside the warm feeling she got when he sat a little too close to her, Marigold struggled to stop the bubbling in her stomach when George smiled at her from where he stood towering above her.

Electing to ignore those feelings, Marigold tried to keep focused on school and Quidditch and enjoying her last year with her friends. There were days where she had to fight the thought of Cedric off more than others, but for the most part she was able to keep the memory of his death at bay.

The dreams of him were still there, just less often and she'd learnt how to push the memory of them aside as soon as she woke up.

As the days turned colder, a light frost covered the grounds most mornings and Marigold couldn't spend more than a few minutes up in the air on her broom unless she was bundled in atleast two scarves and a beanie.

As November drew nearer, Angelina became more agitated and moderately paranoid. The first Quidditch match of the season was that weekend, the first of November, and she had the Gryffindor Quidditch team at practice almost every morning in the two weeks preceding the game. Marigold felt slightly bad for the team, Angelina had always been an early bird and flying in the morning cold was not something Marigold would choose to do if someone payed her a hundred galleons for it.