Chapter 2

WARNING⚠
-self-harm
-cutting
-Starvation
-Blood

Dipper

At the end of their junior year, Dipper and Mable were getting ready to be done with their finals and enjoy the summer break. Mable actually passed all her classes with a 3.8 GPA. She was also asked to be captain of the debate team next year.

Dipper's proud, to say the least. But he feels a little hurt. They kind of stopped hanging out except for when they have to, like at home or in shared classes. Mable seems to not be bothered because she is so busy with her life and Dipper... He just feels alone. But it's ok. Mable is Mable. He will always be there for her.

Dipper passed his classes as well, but only by a little with a 3.0. He hasn't joined any school clubs or looked into what colleges he wanted to go to. But he did make a couple of new friends. Friends that are just people he has talked to and not actually formed any relationship with.

Wait, there was one guy that he actually became close with. He was sweet and his green eyes were so mesmerizing. Dipper thought they were good friends too. But he had to leave. He moved somewhere out of the country.

What's the point of worrying anyway? Jeez.

Nothings changed.

Oh but, something did change over the years. His arms were now filled with textured lines. The white thin bumps matched his pale skin but they were still very noticeable. And now, instead of smooth skin on his thighs, there now lay more textured skin. He ran out of room on his arms so his legs were the next best bet.

He has passed out more times than he can count due to starvation and he started to pick fights with people outside of school. People who look to be stronger, bigger, and older.

He doesn't deserve to live.

He doesn't deserve Mable.

He doesn't deserve friends.

Friends that he left behind in Gravity Falls. Those are the only friends he has. But inst that my fault? I pushed everyone away, so why am I crying? Why am I complaining when it was my fault?

'No wonder you're friendless.'

The 'thoughts' were filling his head again.

'So stupid and worthless.'

Why again?

"That's... I don't..."

Dipper whispered to himself.

'Just die already.'

"No "

He sucked in a breath.

'Why not?'

He's scared.

'You're so weak.'

He is because he doesn't really want to die.

"No! I can't leave Mable. "

He can't help but say anyway.

'Again with the excuses. You already know she doesn't need you.'

"Yes, but when she does, I'll be there."

'Pathetic.'

'Weak.'

'Useless.'

'Dumb.'

'Annoying.'

'Die.'

The same words repeated in his head as he held it in his lap.

'Die.'

'Die.'

'Die.'

'Die.'

'Die.'

He couldn't take it anymore. He jumped off his bed and rushed to the bathroom.

After quickly locking the door he dug through the cabinets under the sink and found a blade in a clear box full of Mable's old hairclips. He took it out and traced it over his fingertip with some pressure. He watched fascinated even with his hassled state, as a tiny bead of blood came out.

He stepped into the tub, turned the shower on, and sat down with his clothes still on. He pulled his shirt off revealing old cuts and recent cuts going along his wrists and forearms. He took the blade and held it to his left arm before slowly dragging it across. Blood spewed out and dripped slowly down his arm, into the tub, and on his lap.

Stupid.

Ugly.

Worthless.

A waste of air.

Annoying.

Weak.

Useless.

Just die.

No one likes you.

Kill yourself.

No one cares about you.

Just give up.

Every word said left Dipper with bloody arms and stained pants. His thoughts finally quieted and he finally allowed his tears to fall. He let his arms fall to his sides, allowing the warm water to fall on them. He winced at the slight stinging of his cuts.

After a long while he stood up and took off the rest of his clothes. The cuts on his legs showed more due to his skin becoming paler, and the bruise running up along the side of his waist was prominent.

Another long while of staring into space, he turned the water off and put a towel around his waist. He quietly wrapped his new cuts and put ointment on the bruises. He got his sister's pink bathrobe and put it on to hide his wounds. He then cleaned up any remaining blood and took his dirty clothes went back to his room

He put on his pajamas and shoved his blood-stained clothes into a trash bag. He went downstairs and threw them out in the trash cans outside.

When Dipper came back inside and he was stopped by his parents and Mable sitting on the couches in the living room.

"Dipper, we have great news to share with you and your sister. "

Dipper hesitates moves none the less. He sits next to Mable on the couch that was across from the one his parents were sitting on.

"We think you guys deserve some time away from the city. So..."

His mom drawled out.

"We booked you both some tickets to go back to Gravity Falls this summer! "

His dad said happily while clapping his hands. Mable jumped up from the couch and squealed in happiness. Dipper scratches the back of his neck and smiles.

"When do we leave?"

Mable grinned

"This weekend."

Their dad said standing up and patting Mable's head.

This is great! Two days to pack and old friends to meet. This could be good for him

'Or maybe not.'

Dipper could only hum back.

He also can't help but wonder if Stan and Ford are coming back for the summer too.