A Friend

Dippers POV

As I followed bill down stairs I saw that bill was acting different somehow. Like he seemed less talkative. Usually he wouldn't shut up. Maybe he's thinking about something serious.

We entered the living room and I saw Gruncle Stan sitting on the couch watching TV. He looked at us and back at the TV.

"Who's this kid?"

He asked me nodding his head towards bill. I look at bill and back at stan.

"He's a friend. His name is William."

I rubbed my arm. He nodded and continued watching TV in silence.

"Hey, Gruncle Stan?"

"What is it? "

"Do you think maybe he can stay with us for awhile?"

"Well that depends. Is he going to help with the shack and other chores?"

He asked before drinking his coke. I looked at bill for an answer.

"Yes, sir, I will do anything as of service. "

Bill said bowing. I just smiled a small smile and looked at Stan for approval.

"Fine, why not? Now leave me alone."

He said after burping. I chuckled and lead bill to the kitchen. I walked to the fridge and opened it. I pulled a snack pack out and gave it to bill. He took it but was very confused.

"You open it and eat the brown stuff that's inside. "

I say grabbing a spoon and handing it to him. He took and opened the pudding cup. He took a spoon full of chocolate pudding into his mouth and I could see his eyes light up brighter than Christmas lights.

"Yuuuuum! "

He hummed with his eyes rolled back. I just laughed and got myself a pudding. We went back to my room and continued eating our pudding. Well bill got another one.

"So, what'd you see pine tree? "

Bill asked right before he stuffed his face with more pudding. I looked at him and sighed.

"Nothing really important. "

I said scooping the sides of the pudding cup.

"Yeah right! "

He laughed before burping.

"What's that supposed to mean? "

"Kid, I saw how you were crying. You looked like someone died or something."

I looked at him nervously. I sighed and put the empty pudding cup on the side table. I layed back on my bed.

"It's nothing important to you. So don't worry about it."

"I'm not worrying, I'm just curious. "

He shrugged as he finished his pudding.

"What are you going to do, bill? "

I ask and he looks at me confused.

"As a human? "

I roll my eyes.

"Oh. I don't know. Probably eat, drive, sleep, date, you know, things humans do."

He said shrugging again. I rolled my eyes and sat back up to face him.

"Have you ever been on a date before? "

"Not really, no. "

"Well, have you ever been in love before? "