My Demon

(The song above reminds me so much of this chapter and it even gave me the idea. So if you want to listen go ahead.😊)

Dippers POV

I wake up and stare at the ceiling. It was dark and the only light that was present was the moon shining through the window.

I sit up and look around the dim room. I don't see bill anywhere. I slide my feet off the bed and stand up. I walk over to the dresser and then I looked in the mirror to see that I'm a complete mess.

I had dark circles around my eyes. My skin was very pale in the moonlight. My eyes look so dull and empty. I sigh and walk to the door.

I quietly leave my room and head to the bathroom. I close and lock the door behind me. I turn the light on and I see my features more clearly than I did in my room. I looked horrible. Like some vampire or zombie from the woods.

I turn the water on and I bend over the sink. I cup my hands under the water and I wet my face. I look up to the mirror, still leaning on the sink. I had blood all over my face.

I looked down at the water and saw it was blood that was coming out, not water. I quickly turned off the faucet and looked in the mirror again. The blood was water again.

I looked down at the sink and sighed. I looked back up and I see, me behind me? I turn around and see that it was me but they were dressed differently. His eyes are green and have red snake-like pupils.

"Who a-are you? "

I ask stepping back and bumping into the counter. He smiled and bowed.

"I'm Mason Dipper Pines of course! "

He says standing straight again.

"But I'm Dipper. "

"We're both Dippers! "

He says chuckling while holding his stomach. He stops and stares at me with a blank face.

"What are you then? "

I ask more specifically. He grins and walks over to the wall and leans under the window.

"I'm your demon. "

"My demon? "

"Yeah. Do you know the part of you that is dark and evil? "

"And? "

I state more than asking. He smirks.

"So are you the reason I feel horrible about every little thing I do? "

I ask and push myself onto the countertop.

"Nope! "

He says popping the p.

"No? "

"You see, everyone has their own demon, it's just most demons are weak and don't really show."

"But you aren't? "

"Of course not! I became strong the moment you let me in! "

He says pointing at himself.

"And how exactly did I do that? "

"Easy, you trusted no one, you doubted everyone including yourself, you pulled away from society and ditched everything good in your life. To put it simply, you gave up. "

"So all those negative thoughts and feelings I've ever had just fed you to become stronger? "

I ask looking down at my lap.

"Technically yes. Because you were so weak, I became so strong! So I have to thank you. "

He says pushing himself off the wall and walking to me with a hand out.

"Thank me? All I did was feed something that could harm anyone or anything. "

I said looking at him and his smile dropped but didn't disappear. He shrugs his shoulders and laughs.

"Not my fault! "

He says happily. I sigh and jump off the counter.

"Am I able to get rid of you? "

I laugh as I thought it was only a joke but I have little to no hope that it can be possible. I look at him and he had a straight face. But it quickly turns into a smile. Not an evil smile, nor a happy smile, but a sad and lost smile.

"Well, it should be obvious. "

He says chuckling. What does that mean? I can or I can't?

"So no it's not possible? "

I ask. He smiles and shakes his head no fastly. I raise my brow in question. He points at me and brings his hand horizontally to his throat and does a cut-like motion. He lets his head hang to the side and he sticks his tongue out.

"You mean I... I have to kill myself? "

I stutter a little shocked seeing as to why would he want to die. Although he is me so why should I be surprised. He smirks.

"Are you scared? "

I look at him a little lost in thought and look down at the ground.

"Why are you acting like such a weak baby? You had no problem hurting yourself before. "

I look up at him into his green and red eyes. Feeling tears at the brink of my eyes.

"You should already know 'dipper'. You are me, aren't you? "

I asked tilting my head to this side not letting my tears fall just yet. He looks shocked for a moment.

"Well, I suppose I have an idea of why. Though who would care about a useless, weak, and pathetic child such as ourselves? "

He asks and now I feel the tears slide down my face.

"I-I... You... We are not...."

I gasp for air and just fall to my knees in front of him. I can't stop the tears from overflowing. My vision is blurry from the tears and I can feel myself heating up.

"Truth hurts doesn't it? "

He asks and kneels in front of me and wipes some tears from my face. I look at him with my still blurry vision.

"I just wa-want to.... "

I stutter between sobs but stop as I gasp for more air. He pulls me into a hug and pats my back as I cry into his, or my chest.

"Shh. I know what you want."

I sob into his shirt as he says that. Why does my own demon comfort me? Why do I feel safe and secure when I'm with him? Oh right, he's me. I really do have no one but myself to cry on or talk to. I am alone. And I always will be. I should just give up.

"It will never happen though. "