TWO

My mum dropped me off at school the next day so I was extra early.

" Bye Jason " She yelled before driving off.

As I stood in front of the school building, a larger part of me wanted to turn around and walk back home. But I had a mathematics test and Mr Joseph, our mathematics teacher, never gave make-up tests.  He ignored whatever reason you gave for your absence during the test and awarded you with a bold zero in his record book.

I walked into the school building, focusing my gaze on the floor although I wished I didn't because I bumped into someone almost immediately.

All the books in her hand crashed to the floor.

" Oh my God! What is wrong with you?! "

I knew that high pitched voice anywhere, it belonged to Catherine Sanders. " I'm so sor... "

The slap I received cut me off.

Why would she slap me?

" Pick up my books! " She yelled.

Pick up her books? What did she think I was? A maid in her house?

" No! "

I was about to walk away when something pulled me back. It was only then I realized that there was someone else with us, Micheal Cole, Catherine's boyfriend. Before I could say anything, his clenched fist made contact with my face, pushing it violently to the opposite side.

" Get out of here before I do something worse! "

Really Micheal,  you're going to punch me because I didn't pick up the books of the girl you just started dating last week?

When I got to my locker, Tyler was standing there with someone. They seemed to be engrossed in the textbook in front of them.

" Hey guys "

" Hi Jason, why are you in school already? "

" My mum dropped me off "

" Oh "

" Who's the...? " I asked gesturing toward the girl who was still engrossed in the textbook in her hand.

Tyler turned to her and tapped her shoulder, she looked up at the both of us.

" Hi " I said to break the awkward silence.

" Hello, I'm Ashley "

" Jason " I replied.

She immediately returned her focus to her textbook.

" What is she reading? " I asked

" Chemistry, our teacher promised to give us a pop quiz before the end of the week so we have to study "

" So is she a friend of yours? "

" Ashley? "

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

" Yes, she is a friend "

The bell for first period rang loudly.

" I have to go, we have Chemistry right now "

" Later "

" And you have a bloody lip "

What?! A bloody lip?!

I touched the corner of my lip and there was blood on my finger.

Thanks a lot Michael.

~* ~* ~*~

As I walked toward the cafeteria, a group of familiar girls stopped me. I looked at the six famous cheerleaders, Kate Jackson, their leader, Sophia Edgar, her assistant, Catherine Sanders, Nicole Manchester, Grace Johnson and Mae Curtis, and managed to smile.