THIRTEEN

*Ring! Ring!! Ring!!!*

I let out a sigh of relief; it was finally the end of the day.

Claire and I strolled out of the classroom and met with Tyler in the hallway.

“Do you guys have anything doing for the rest of the day?”

I shook my head.

“Nope.” Claire replied.

“Great!” Tyler exclaimed. “Then you guys can come over to play video games, yes?”

“Sure, why not?” I replied with a shrug.

“I'm always in for having fun.” Claire said.

As we walked into the parking lot, we noticed Kate Jackson, Sophia Edgar and Catherine Sanders, standing by Claire's Audi.

“What are they doing here?” Tyler asked.

“We're about to find out.” Claire replied.

I was apprehensive.

The events of last week were still very fresh in my mind, and so were the injuries I had sustained from the event.

My eyeballs moved from side to side, searching for Jake and his friends, but they were nowhere to be seen.

My apprehension increased as we got closer to the cheerleaders.

“Hey. Can I help you?” Claire asked when we finally got to them.

“Hi. We don't want to cause any trouble, we just wanted to make your acquaintance.” Kate replied with her usual wide smile plastered on her face.

What?!!!!!

“And why is that?”

Kate twirled a few strands of her hair with her finger and shifted her weight to her left leg. “There's no specific reason.”

Claire did not respond, she just starred at them with raised brows.

“Well,” Kate continued. “I'm Kate, and this is Sophia and Catherine.” She gestured to each of her friends as she spoke.

“You can call me Cathy.” Catherine said with a wide smile.

Claire still remained quiet.

“So, I'm having a party next Friday, I would be glad if you come.” Catherine continued.

“Alright. I'll... I'll let you know if I'm going to be there.”

“Great!!” Catherine chirped.

“I'm sure we'll make good friends.” Kate said, and winked at Claire.

The three cheerleaders walked away, but not before throwing Tyler and I venomous looks.

“That was strange.” Claire remarked, immediately they were out of hearing range.

“I'm very sure there are a lot of reasons they want to be friends with you.” I said.

“Those girls never do anything without underlying reasons.” Tyler added.

“I'll figure it out. Let's go.” Claire said and unlocked the car.

The ride to Tyler's house was quiet, until Claire turned up the radio. “Have you guys heard this song?” She asked, beaming.

“No.” I replied.

Suddenly, Claire started screaming the lyrics of the song and dancing to the rhythm.

“Oh no.” Tyler groaned. “Can you stop? My sister sings this song all the time and it's really annoying.”