ELEVEN

Locating the Casa del cibo restaurant was easier than I thought. Apparently, it was a famous restaurant.

I walked into the restaurant and looked around for Tyler and Claire. Within a few seconds I saw a grinning Claire, standing at the far end of the  counter, waving at me frantically. She wore a black jean trouser, a white top and a black jacket. Unlike other days, her hair was not packed in a ponytail, it wasn't packed at all, it just flowed down freely at each side of her face.

I walked toward her, and the closer I got to where she stood, the more I wished she had gathered her hair in the usual ponytail, it looked better that way.

" Hey. " I said when I was close enough for her to hear me.

" You're late. " was her reply, accompanied with a scowl.

Where did all the grinning go?!!!

" I'm sorry. I had to do a few things at home before coming. "

" C'mon, we've wasted enough time waiting for you already. " She replied flatly, and led the way to where Tyler sat.

" Hey man. " Tyler smiled.

" Hey. " I replied.

" Where is Ashley? " Claire asked.

" She's not coming. " Tyler replied.

" Why not? "

" It's complicated. "

Claire raised a brow. " Okay. " then she glanced at me, "Thanks to Mr Jason, we have to rush this if we want to make it in time for our movie. "

" Hey! I wasn't the only one you were waiting for, why do you keep attacking me? " I asked with wide eyes.

Claire only scowled at me in response. " All this plan needs, is focus, determination, hard work and concentration. "

" But focus and concentration mean the same thing. " I pointed out.

Another scowl.

Was she really upset or just pretending?

" So, " Claire continued " if anyone wants to back out, now is the time."

I pushed my chair back and was about to stand up.

" C'mon Jason, that was a dramatic pause. I didn't really expect any of you to leave. "

I looked at Claire's pleading eyes. " I just wanted to get some menus. "

Claire looked relieved " Oh. We already ordered. "

" You believe him? " Tyler asked eyeing me suspiciously.

" Why wouldn't she? " I retorted, meeting his gaze.

" We do not have time for this. " Claire said glancing at Tyler and I. " My plan has three steps only. Step one, look the part. Step two, infiltrate the prominent aspects of highschool. Step three, instill fear and respect in our enemies. Step four... "

" I thought you said there were only three steps? " Tyler asked, cutting her off.

" Can you guys stop interrupting me?! "

" But that was what you said. " I murmured.

" Well there are as many steps as we need to achieve our goal. "

" Then why did you say there were only three? " Tyler asked.

The only thing that was missing from Claire's angry face, were fumes, puffing out of the sides of her head and her nostrils.