Chapter 4

His words made me nervous and his strong demeanor made me feel small and foolish. I tried to do a courtesy but failed in the attempt making Elrond smirk at me with a mocking expression in his eyes.

"Dinner is served, come with me." He lent me his arm and I hesitantly took it. The smooth fabric of his garments grazed my fingertips, Elrond smelled like the woods, his arm was toned and strong I felt like a graceless frog at his side.

Galadriel approached me with sad eyes, I wasn't ready to say goodbye to her but I knew we'd part ways sooner or later. "It is time for me to go back home. You're in great hands here in Rivendell, if you ever need me I'll come to you." I let go of Elrond's arm and wrapped my arms around Galadriel, I tried to hold back the tears, I was forever greatful to her.

"Thank you for saving me." I said between small sobs.

"I wouldn't forgive myself if I hadn't." She responded. In a moment I could feel her thin frame between my arms, I could feel her stroking my hair and plant a kiss on the crown of my head. Then in the blink of an eye she was gone.

I turned back around to face Elrond; he looked moved by my affection for Galadriel but his emotions disappeared and he became his serious and angry self. "Follow me to your chambers. I have ladies waiting for you to get you out of those filthy clothes, wash the filth from your body and make you look slightly presentable for dinner." His voice had a mocking edge to it and I already disliked him.

"Yes my Lord." I replied as I followed trailing behind him through the magnificent halls of Rivendell.

We crossed a few halls down, turning left, then right, then right again and finally left. At the far end of the hall I saw a huge oak carved door, with carvings of elves singning and playing music by the river side. Elrond opened the door to which I presumed were now my chambers. I looked around in awe, never in my life had I had such luxuries; the walls were covered in red, green and gold tapestries depicting the woods around us, in the middle of the room laid a hearth burning bright and warming up the room, the bed could fit at least four people, its sheets were made out of silk and on top lay a fur made blanket in case I got cold at night.

"Are you sure we're in the right room?" I asked in a small voice. The elves of the north had never had such riches, we'd slept in big tents with cots for beds, my clan had been exiled from Middle Earth and condemned to protect the North from Orcs and dragons. We had lived in missery but here elves lived like kings. My hands turned into fists and anger made my body burn.

"Yes, this will be your room from now on. You're to have two ladies that will serve you and help you dress. After all you're the princess of the north." Elrond's voice was still the same mocking and diminishing one from earlier. Was he always like this? Or did he have a special dislike towards me?

"I don't need any help getting dressed. I've been able to do it by myself most of my life." I spitted out. Seeing the way my people had been shunned made my blood boil with rage.

"Don't fight it Caladhiel, that's just the way it works here." He smirked at me and in that moment I wanted nothing more than to erase that filthy smirk off his face. Before I could attempt to do anything, two graceful looking elves walked or more or less glided into the room. "Ah here are your ladies. Caladhiel these are your two ladies in waiting Melda and Anira, they're in charge of tending to your every need. Tomorrow you'll meet with your music teacher and your protocol teacher." His condescending voice echoed through the chamber and I rolled my eyes at him annoyed.

I kept quiet and studied my new found company. Melda was tall as every other elf on this earth, she had black hair and piercing green eyes on the contrary Anira had gold like long hair and brown eyes. They were both beautiful and they seemed nice enough, but I didn't feel comfortable with them dressing me when I could do it myself.