Chapter 6

Elrond had been serious when he said I'd be severely punished if he found out I was up to something. Not only did he take away all of my weapons, but also he took away the last piece of freedom I had. For the following year I was followed around by guards and one of my ladies everywhere I went; during night time Anira would sleep in my chambers as well. I was being watched every waking and sleeping moment. The lack of freedom drove me crazy, the last bit of my fire had been extinguished and I resigned to the idea of ever leaving Rivendell. Until one day as I walked up for dinner I found the door to the armory, if I had to shed blood to get out of this place I would, no more sneaking around it was time to put all of my skills to the test.

                                                                                       *

Today was the day of my last chance at freedom. If I blew it this time who knows what Elrond would do to me. Anira woke me up that morning and everything went as it usually did; I bathed, I got dressed and I headed towards the dinning hall for breakfast. Today the whole of Rivendell was busy planing the party for the last light of summer and the first day of fall. Today would be the perfect day to escape this place once and for all. 

During breakfast I made conversation with Lord Ganlas who recently had been showing more interest in me than ever before. This pleased Elrond and I knew that if things kept going the way they were I'd end up married to the man who'd called me a savage. 

"Lady Caladhiel you look lovely this morning." Ganlas said as he studied my green silk gown, my snow blond hair was braided so that my face would be shown off. 

"Thank you Lord Ganlas, you're very kind." I replied and smiled shyly at him. 

Ganlas scooted over closer to me, his blue green eyes bore into me and I felt myself turning bright red. "Would you care to accompany me for a walk?" He asked. 

"That sounds lovely my Lord." I bowed my head and couldn't help but notice he had a malicious grin. 

"Come on then." He said standing up and taking hold of my hand. 

In this very public display of interest all eyes were on us. I noticed Randiriel grinning over at us and her friends stared at me with envy. Lord Ganlas led me down the stairs, over to the courtyard and from there we made our way to the gardens. The day was cloudless, the sun shone brightly above us and the air smelled like flowers and rain. Lord Ganlas didn't let go of my hand the whole time we walked in silence; the man disgusted me but he was better off as an ally rather than an enemy. I leaned into him more and I noticed a pleased smirk grow on his face. 

"Today is such a lovely day." I sighted and looked coquettishly over at Ganlas.

His grin turned into a wicked smile and he pressed me against a tree. "You are so beautiful Caladhiel." He said and then the unthinkable happened; his lips crashed into mine, I tried pulling my face away from him but he was far too strong, his hands gripped my hips pressing me to him in order for me to feel all of him. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do this." He panted and his lips started to trail down my neck, over my colar bone and towards my breasts. 

"My Lord this isn't appropriate please." I cried even though I felt a wave of pleasure overpower me. His hands moved over to my behind and he gripped it tight. I let out a scream but he placed his mouth over mine. I tried pushing him off but he had me pinned against a tree.

"I couldn't wait any longer. Elrond will announce our engagement tonight so what I'm doing to you is my right." He gasped against my neck. 

Ganlas crouched below me and started lifting up the hem of my skirt, his hand slid up my leg and into my inner thigh, he wrapped my leg around him so he could easily slip a finger inside me. It was painful and I started to cry yet the pleasure was too much for me to scream. "You are enjoying this aren't you'?" He asked even though he noticed the tears staining my cheeks, his skilled fingers went in and out of me until I reached a state of euphoria and screamed loudly both in fear and ecstasy. Ganlas let go on me and once I was free from his grasp I slapped him with all of my strength.