Chapter 22

From the shadows Bilbo appeared. He looked tired, and in his eyes I noticed disapointment as well. Apparently Thorin really had changed. I couldn't help myself and I wrapped him in my arms. He was brave and I knew he was still impacted by his confrontation with Smaug. Tears fled my eyes; not only of happiness but of sadness as well. Everything was happening so fast, it was hard to keep up and I was overwhelmed.

"My lady are you all right?" Bilbo asked as he saw the tears in my eyes.

I whipped them off and smiled. "I'm just so glad to see you! Are you alright?" I asked him.

Bilbo's eyes became troubled and I knew he wasn't here just to say hello. He was about to answer my question when a voice came out of the shadows.

"Mr Baggins! Whatever are you doing here?" It was Mythrandir. By the way he was speaking I could tell he was very fond of Bilbo and I didn't blame him.

"Gandlaf!" Biblo exclaimed and rushed over to Gandalf's side. "I can't let Thorin go to war, he's getting sick Gandlaf and I'm worried." Bilbo's voice was shaky and I could tell he'd taken a really big risk on coming here.

"Sick?" Gandlaf asked.

"Yes, he's going mad Gandalf. He's not himself and the look in his eyes is crazed. He's obssesed with gold and desperatly seeks this." He placed his hand inside his pocked and drew out a stone like no other. It casted away a blue gold light and the inside was just like staring into the night sky.

Gandalf's eyes grew wide. "Come with me." He grabbed Bilbo's arm and dragged him to Thranduil's tent. I didn't want to go back inside and face Thranduil but I wanted to know what was going on.

"Caladhiel, call Bard and tell him to meet us inmediately!" Gandalf ordered.

I turned back and ran to the town hall. I opened the door and practically crashed into Sigrid.

"Lady Caladhiel, you look exhausted." She said. "Let me get you to our room." She took my arm but I jerked it off.

"I need to see your father." I said short of breath.

"I'll go fetch him for you." She responded obediently and disappeared into the dark hall.

I waited for less than two minutes yet I was growing fidgety. The stone Bilbo had brough here was no other than the infamous Arkenstone and if he had it Thorin was going insane looking for it. I felt agitated and dread filled my body. I didn't want Thorin to be cross with Bilbo. Curiosity was killing me, I wanted to know why Bilbo had brought the stone here instead of giving it to Thorin; every second I waited for Bard made me even more irritable but I thanked the heavens that they wouldn't start debating anything without him.

I heard footsteps and I stopped pasing back and forth, Bard was before me with tired looking eyes.

"Did I wake you?" I asked looking down at the floor.

"Yes, what's happening?" He asked.

I lifted my head up and took his hand. "Follow me."

I led him out into the courtyard and inside the tent. Thranduil's eyes landed on us and became wide open. I hadn't realised I was still holding Bard's hand. I dropped it instantly not wanting to give Thranduil the wrong idea but it was already too late for that; his eyes gave too much away.

"Mr Baggins?" Bard asked interrupting my thoughts and heading towards Bilbo. "What are you doing here?"

"That's what I'm about to explain if only you would let me speak." Bilbo sounded irritated, I noticed he'd covered the stone with a dark brown cloth and held it in his hand.