Chapter 16

Thranduil's face was turning scarlet and I'd never seen him so expressive before. All of the elves surrounding us took a few steps back and their faces were horrified. I scanned the room quickly to meet Legolas' eyes; he was shocked and I saw a wave of regret overcome him.

"Thranduil...I...I can....I....I can explain." I had trouble speaking, my throat was closing up on me and tears fell from my eyes.

"Enlighten me then!" He shouted with ferocity.

My vision started to blurr with tears and I had to pull myself together; I'd done nothing wrong so I had nothing to fear. Except for the fact that Thranduil was one of the scariest beings on the planet. "Not here." I said softly.

Thranduil smiled wickedly and took a hold of my wrist; he squeezed his hand around it tight and dragged me out of the room. All eyes followed us until the guards closed the ballroom door shut. I tried pulling away from his grasp but he held on to me as if his life depended on it.

"Thranduil you're hurting me." I cried but he didn't seem to listen. He dragged me up the stairs and didn't so much as look at me. My heart pounded, my head started to spin and fear started to seep through my veins poisoning my senses.

He flung the door to our bedroom open and once inside he pulled hard on my arm, my muscles became strained and all of my body filled with pain. He then pushed me with such force I ended up hitting a small table, the pain that came after made tears stain my face.

"What's wrong with you!" I screamed.

Thranduil's face transformed into that of a lunatic, I was scared, if I'd feared the elven king before, what I felt now was something different it wasn't fear...it was panic. In his blue eyes I could see he would do whatever it took to terrorize me for my actions, he wanted to punish me and I saw a blood lust in him I'd never seen before.

"I trusted you! I thought you would never disobey me and you end up helping that filth!" His voice was coarse, harsh and too loud. It boomed against my ears and I couldn't bare to look at his crazed eyes.

"Thranduil you don't understand! I didn't do it to spite you, I did it to help them please." My throat ached and it felt as if it were being torn appart by my words.

Thranduil took a step closer to me, I lay on the floor defensless and he towered over me. I closed my eyes trying to think happy thoughts, but none came. "Do you expect me to believe that? I needed those dwarves...I needed to get what was mine and you set free my key to the mountain!" He screamed as he crouched, took my arm with his hands and pulled me up. "Look at me!" He ordered, his voice was on edge, I couldn't bare to look at this man I didn't know. "You coward." He spat out as he pinned me agains the wall.

"You're over reacting! Thranduil they had nothing, they lost everything but they can still claim what's rightfully theirs." My words made Thranduil even more enraged, his face was only inches away from mine, his fingernails dug against my pale skin causing waves of searing pain through out my arms.

"You lied to me...how will I know you won't betray me again!" His words hit me hard, I didn't know what was worse, the physical pain he was causing me or the emotional pain that came along with it.

"I didn't betray you! You locked them up for no reason...you are...you are a monster." This time adrenaline coursed through my veins and I no longer felt fear, I had so much I wanted to say to him and right now there was no stopping me."If you wouldn't have been so proud and helped them when they first came to you, maybe Thorin would give you what you asked for! But no, you let them die, starve and roam through Middle Earth without a home. I can't believe I ever felt love for a creature so repulsive as yourself!"