Chapter 13

The sun broke through Thranduil's bedroom window; it hit my eyes and I squeezed them tight not wanting to wake up. I stirred in bed, turned around and burried my head in his chest. It was finally completly dark and I could keep sleeping. I could feel Thranduil's weak grasp on me and I could tell he was still asleep, I couldn't remember how long we stayed up for last night but by the burning sun I could tell it was almost mid day. I forced my eyes open and I looked up at Thranduil, his light blue eyes were already boaring into mine.

"Good morning." He said with a smile, his grasp on me hardened and I nuzzled back into his chest.

"I don't want to get up." I whinned as I closed my eyes again.

Thranduil took my chin into his hand and forced me to look up again and open my eyes. "We have to get up, my kingdom needs me and it would be selfish of you to keep my people from my royal presence." A laugh escaped from his lips and I leaned over to give him a swift peck on the lips. He placed a hand on the back of my head and kept me from moving too far away.

"I'll give you more if we can stay here forever." I teased, trying to get out of his grasp.

"That won't do." He responded as he turned us both over and pinned me against the matress. I started to laugh as he planted kisses on my neck, collar bone and mouth. I tried wiggling away from him but he was too strong. He kept kissing me and without further notice he entered me.

When he was done, I couldn't stop grinning. "I could get used to waking up like this." I said as I sat up and covered my breasts with the sheets.

"Well I'm sorry to disapoint but I have a realm to tend to." He replied as he pecked my lips and stood up from bed. He put on a grey silk robe over his naked body and called in Faindir.

The steward met him at the door in a heartbeat, he stared at me for a few beats but Thranduil stared at him in such a way that he tore his eyes from me and apologized to his king.

"Get my clothes and get going down to the baths." Thranduil was back to beeing his cold and scary self. Faindir nooded his head, shuffled through the room and towards the King's wardrobe without looking at me. Then as quickly as he came he left.

Thranduil made his way to the door and gave me a little wave goodbye.

Before he left I shouted to him "I love you too!"

Thranduil turned around and smiled at me, then he left.

*

On that same day Thranduil made the announcement of our affair to his councelours and the other elven lords. I was a princess after all but it was still wrong in a few men's eyes. People started treating me differently, the elven lords looked at me with respect and even feared me. The elven ladies, they were a different story, they would call me whore under their breaths, they'd give me death stares but the moment they needed something they could be the nicest vipers of Middle Earth.

Things changed from that day on. I no longer slept in my chambers, all of my stuff was moved to Thranduil's quarters and I slept with him every night, Thranduil also insisted on having a lady tend to me, so Anira was back under my services. I no longer trained before dawn, I trained like every other elf one hour after dawn. My fighting skills improved and so did my friendship with Legolas and Tauriel. I was allowed out of the castle now and I could go on scouting missions with the rest of the guards. There was a certain thrill I got every time my blade slashed perfectly through a spider's body, or when I would kill something with the bow and arrow before Legolas. I was for the first time in years happy. I thought of the tragedy up in the mountains less often, but every time I did better in training or fighting against those misserable spiders I thought my father would be proud.