Chapter 10

The following week after my run in with Thranduil in the baths was an uncomfortable one. Training with Legolas and Tauriel helped me put my mind into something else, the anger I felt towards myself for being incapable of getting Thranduil's chisled body, deep blue eyes and velvety voice out of my head I invested into training. We started earlier and finished later. I could tell by Tauriel's proud smile that I was improving in sword fight and Legolas was too proud to admit I was becoming good with the bow as well. Then the afternoons went as usual, I was improving on my music skills and in protocol as well. One day though my lessons seized, apparently Thranduil though I'd learnt enough and my afternoons were now free. I spent them in the garden reading, walking around but the days were becoming boring. The only thing that did change was dinner time; I usually sat to Thranduil's left but now I sat on Legolas' left side so he could block his father from view. I tried to avoid his stares, give one syllable answers to his questions and avoided the question when Legolas asked me what was wrong.

Everything was going well Thranduil had stopped asking me questions more or less he stopped talking to me. But for some reason it filled me with anger. I wanted him to keep asking, I wanted him to keep looking, there were nights I would dream we were back together in the bath and that this time we kissed, this time I'd let him touch me and plant kisses on my neck, breasts and mouth. My world no longer made sense, I was relieved that he was no longer interested but at the same time I wanted him.

*

My eyes opened up slowly, the sun shone through my small window illuminating my room and enhancing the predominant brown color of my walls and furniture. I sat up in bed and directed my glance to the window; the sky was blue and without a single cloud. I stood up from my bed and walked over to my wardrobe; I picked out a simple purple dress and a small golden choker necklace. I'd dismissed Anira from her dutties to me, I no longer needed her and I appreciated the privacy. I would run into her a few times a day, she was now devoted to learining protocol and music, when she saw me she would smile at me but her smile was usually hurt. I knew she'd been sad when I told her I no longer needed her, but I knew that once she was dismissed she could focus on herself instead of me. Also that meant less people asking questions.

I made my way to the baths; since it was morning I wasn't by myself but after the Thranduil insident I' rather have people around me. I took a quick bath and dressed myself. I went back up to my chambers fixed my hair into a braid, then went to the garden for breakfast. Today Legolas and Taurel weren't in Mirkwood, they were on their way to Rivendell on Thranduil's behalf so I was able to sleep in.

I finished breakfast and decided to take a walk. It was a hot day outside; the sun enhanced all of the colorful flowers in the garden, the trees gleamed green and it smelled like summer. It was a calm morning, I couldn't ask for anything else. I discovered that since being down in Middle Earth I really enjoyed summer; being up in the mountains it was always cold and we always had snow on the ground. I enjoyed seeing Middle Earth change though but I knew I'd never be a part of it.

I was inside my head, thinking back to the days up in the mountain when I felt a presence behind me. I stopped and turned around; to my surprise the Elven King was only a few feet behind me, something about him felt different, for some reason he no longer seemed so cold and impassive, it was as if the sun was melting down his barriers, he looked happy even.

"My lord." I gasped, I couldn't hide the small smile that slipped onto my face. "What...what are you doing here?"

Thranduil walked closer towards me with a poise no one could pull off. Butterflies appeared in my stomach and the sun became too hot. "It's my garden is it not?" He asked as a playful smirk crossed his lips.

"Yes, I guess it is." I responded, unable to look him in the eye. "Have a good morning then." I added and started walking away. But then I felt his hand take a hold of my arm.