Chapter 8

After having been properly introduced to the king and being embarrassed by the fact I'd insulted him to his face I made my way to my chambers. Anira didn't speak to me but I bet she was dying to know all of the details of my encounter with Thranduil. My face remained red all the way up stairs but to distract myself I took the chance to study my new home. Mirkwood palace was located inside an enormous oak tree, it was quite dark on the inside and everything was made out of wood, not much light came through the windows and there were stairs everywhere.

My chamber was pretty different from the one I had in Rivendell. This one was dark despite the window which gave view to a small river and the mountains, I had a double bed with soft silk sheets, a small wooden chair and a small desk. I felt like a prisoner. 

"Am I to dine with the king tonight?" I asked, hoping not to hear the dreaded answer. 

Anira took a deep breath and her lips curved into a malicious smile. "Yes my lady, I have to start getting you ready." 

I sighted but didn't respond, avoiding any conversation that could lead up as to why I felt so intimidated by the king.

"My lady come downstairs with me." Anira said after looking around the room.

"Why?" I asked confused. 

"You don't have a bath here, I remember one of the other ladies telling me the bath's were on the bottom floor." Her smile grew even wider and I rolled my eyes, sat down on the bed and crossed my arms. 

"Am I to share a bath with everyone else?" I asked childishly.

"The Sindarin baths are famous, even in Rivendell we have bathing rooms. Come on my lady it shall be fun." She pressed, her eyes gleamed hopefully and I'd come to consider her as a friend and I just couldn't bring myslef to say no to her. 

"Fine." I responded and stood up reluctantly.

Anira wasn't joking when she said the Sindarin baths were really something. I thought Mirkwood palace was dull but the moment I saw the baths my mind changed completely. Before my eyes I saw four big thermal pools, the sunlight entered through a big stained glass windows making the whole place seem colorful and just out of this world, small waterfalls grazed the walls and exotic flowers decorated the room. Anira later explained that these were the baths used by the royal family and a few court members, the rest of elves used the bath on the lower floors. It was nearly empty, only a few elves here and there it was comforting but at the same time strange. I'd never been naked in front of a man before, well just Ganlas but I felt uncomfortable and out of base. 

"I think I'd rather not take a bath. There's too many people." I muttered.

Anira laughed and placed a hand on my shoulder. "My lady you're beautiful. Besides once you get in the pool the water is too turbid for anyone to see anything." Her words were reassuring.

I stripped of my dirty and tattered dress and stepped inside the pool. The water felt amazing against my tense muscles, I rested my head on the edge and closed my eyes. I felt Anira sponge my body and brush out my hair, I was falling asleep when I felt Anira stop what she was doing. I opened my eyes and sat up only enough to keep my breasts hidden in the water. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"It's just he's so handsome." Anira sighted.

I followed he gaze confused, at first my heart dropped and my body went cold; I saw a tall blond haired elf and my first though was that it was Thranduil but when he turned around his face looked much younger and softer. 

"Who is he?" I asked as I tried not to stare at him.

"That's the prince of Mirkwood, his name is Legolas." Anira whispered.