Chapter 18

"Tauriel!" I exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around my friend.

She looked tiered, sad and worried. She came inside the house and as soon as her eyes landed on Kili she plumeted to the floor. She was hurting and I hated seeing people being overcome by sorrow. I kneeled beside her and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Now that you're here everything will be fine." I said.

She looked at me with teary eyes and managed a weak smile. "I'm going to need some medicinal herbs." Tauriel looked over at Bard's son and he opened his eyes wide with realisation.

"We feed them to the pigs." He announced and turned bright red.

Tauriel stiffled a laugh. "Go fetch some." She ordered and pulled herself together.

When Bard's son was gone the dwarves that stayed behind lifted Kili up and placed him on the table. His screams pierced through my ears, his face was covered in sweat and started hyperventilating. Tauriel looked away and tried to hide away the tears.

"Where's Legolas, what are you doing here?" Those were few of the many questions I wanted to ask her, everything was becoming so strange now and I couldn't believe I was seeing Tauriel's friendly face again.

"There's no time for answers, right now I need to focus on Kili." Her voice was stern, she was deep in though as she looked at her beloved dwarf.

Tauriel remained beside him and took hold of his hand, while Bard's eldest daughter Sigrid went out to the balcony. The night was eerily cold and the town was too quiet. Then a piercing scream filled my ears and I noticed it wasn't Kili this time, but Sigrid who came into the house with an orc trailing behind her. I didn't hessitate and neither did the other dwarves when they stabbed the orc mercylessly until he was dead. But he wasn't alone, many others broke into the house filling it with the filthy smell of death.

"Girls, take cover underneath the table!" I screamed at both Sigrid and Tilda. Then I remembered Bain was outside getting the plants.

"My brother! Where's my brother!" Little Tilda cried from underneath the table as tears rolled down he cheeks.

"Caladhiel, go look for the boy!" Tauriel ordered as she blocked one of the orc's attack with her dagger. "Go now! I'll take care of all of this." This time her voice was ruthless and she stabbed the orc right in his heart, he plumeted to the ground and she started fighting off two others with the dwarves' help.

I stepped outside as fast as I could and I was welcomed by the unforgiving autuln air. Summer was over and with autumn came death. I ran through the canals, jumped from boat to boat but saw no sign of Bain. A rustling sound made me turn back around and saw a pack of six orcs heading towards the house, crouching bellow them I saw Bain, trying to hide and not make a sound.

I was about to jump over to where he was hiding but a hand took hold of my arm.

"You have to be quiet or you'll draw attention to the boy." A familiar voice whispered.

I turned around and my eyes met a pair of sweet blue ones, a smile crossed my face and I had no idea if to hug him or hit him for stopping me. "Legolas!" My arms wrapped around his neck and I hugged him as tight as I could. "What are you doing here?" My voice was filled with anguish, there were so many things I wanted to ask him but I had no time to do so.

"I'll tell you everything once we get rid of this filth." He hissed.

I was about to speak when I saw something move towards us, it didn't take long for me to see an orc head our way. Legolas read the expression of surprise in my eyes because before the orc could give away our location he was shot in the face by an arrow.