Chimes Before The Storms

Naina was counting days on calendar, with a black marker... Cross shading a date, her first day in cooking when she burnt all veggies in a terrible way...
Then shading in light the date when her subzi seemed to be little edible..
Designing the one, she made somewhat delicious paratha and ticking a right mark on which she prepared a perfect desert..

At last circled this weekend, Saturday thinking of preparing something...uhmm..
Chole Bhature, Mumma's boy's favt(Rajveer)...

Till today, she didn't feeded him all her experiment, wanting her bhaiyya to taste them first... She didn't informed both men, Naveen and Rajveer that recently she started her morning gym session in kitchen, that too with her mother in law, her new found bestie...with whom she loved to gossip about alll the weird things of the world....

Tak tak tak....

Someone knocked her room's door ...
That's of course Ran....jveer Naina...
Tum dono ko chodke is ghar mein aur kaun he???

Rajveer stepping inside the room,
" Naina... I hope I'm not disturbing you??..."

Naina - " Main toh...yoga Kar rahi thi..."
She joked for the first time....and he saw here and there thinking twice whether to laught or not... He is not habituated to show his teeth on her words... Usne thod di toh?

Naina smiling at his innocence,
" I'm free... Aap boliyee... Baitoo toh sahi..."
She said pointing at the bed...

Rajveer stepped inside and took tbe chair, adjacent to her,
" Kal ka kyaa plan he tumhara???."

Naina - " Dr. Farooq ke yaha ek program he..jisko attend karna he.
Kyun? Kuch kaam tha aapko?..."
She asked looking at his hesitating face...

Rajveer closed his eyes for the first five seconds and stood up... determined to do something...

Naina - " Aree bolo na... Aapko kahi jaana tha? Main akeli chali jaaungi... drop dene ki Zaroorat nahi he...."
She uttred instantly trying to stop him... and saw something magical...

He kneeled down, forwarding his hand and gave some jewelry box to her...still in a same position...
" Kal army ball he. And as an army Captain Am too invited there..."

She simply blinked her eyes to his words completely blown by tbe way he is elaborating the things. That's something how she imagined her future to be. A caring romantic soulmate.
Leaving the last two words, obviously he is the first one, Caring... too much, ditto like her Mumma...
Remaining words (Romantic and soulmate) that's out of syllabus for them... atleast for the being...

Rajveer - " Couple entries are compulsory...
Nainaaaa...."
He called her name softly...that seemed like a cool breeze kissing the wind chimes playing series of musical notes..

Naina unknowingly,
" Haaan..." Replied raising her eyebrows, broadening her eyes a little so that she can know more about his intensions...

Rajveer - " Will you be my date, tonight???.."

He asked holding his breath expecting a no from her... She always remained a beautiful changing climate for him, sometimes cloudy, sometimes sunny.... Seeming chirpy for few hours and exactly behaving opposite the next day, rainy and sentimental...
Overall a 2020 powerpack sky...

Unknown to his fears, she again examined him from head to toe, as her eyes and mind aren't capable of performing x ray of his thoughts... still his shaking hands told her, that a rough faced and soft hearted silent Soldier is shivering after asking out his own wife...
She had a past... And with his and bhaiyya's constant support she accepted her fate..
But what about him? Why he always seems to be a peak of a mountain... distant, scary, invisible, hazy....yet beautiful enough to hold her hand saving her from falling into the depressed valley...
He is like a phrase... meaningful yet obscure...