Insecure Beauty

Requested By: dirty_dishes

The reader is very insecure about themselves and Todoroki tries to make them embrace themselves

A/n; I also want to apologize about the updates being slow...I was catching up on my reading and forgot I had updates...I apologize...I'm a book junkie 

Also, some of the insecurities in this story are my own insecurities and how my boyfriend and I deal with them, So in a way...this is me in the story, just a heads up.  

~~~

You had this giant weight on your back, and it was called Insecurity.

You were insecure about your talent, your choice of style, your hobbies, and sometimes your music. When you were in middle school, people made fun of you for liking Anime, your choice of music, fanfiction, even for liking books, and when high school came around it got even worse, you became very insecure and tried to close yourself up from the world.

(It's true, and it still hurts to this day and I'm almost 20)  

Even though you hide in your shell, you were able to make a few friends. Deku, Shoji, (Shoji is my baby and I love him so much!) Tamaki, Kirishima, and Froppy. People who also had insecurities.

Your little circle, especially Deku, tried to get you out of your shell, but you were too scared from back when people bashed you for being yourself and you didn't even try anymore, you were that one person who was just there, also known as a background character. 

One day, you were sitting alone at lunch, nothing happened between your friends, you just wanted a little space and you wanted to listen to your music.

You were vibing to your music when you felt someone approach your table. You looked up seeing what appears to be a prince with white and red hair.

On the outside, you just had a blank expression. But on the inside; "OH MY FUCKING GOD HE'S HOT!!"

"May I sit here?" He asked.

You just nod, because you knew you were gonna say something in a native fangirl/Otaku language and scare him off.

He takes a seat across from you and looks at you. "I'm Shoto Todoroki." 

"(y/n)." You say quietly.

"What are you listening to?" He asked curiously.

"You wouldn't like it?" You say while moving your phone from the table to your lap.

"Try me." 

"It's Queen." You say.

"Queen?"

"See...I knew you wouldn't like it."

"I never said that." Todoroki says.

"Care to listen?" You offered.

Todoroki shrugs. "Alright."

You take out one bud and hands it to him, then you started the song over. Bohemian Rhapsody was currently playing.

"It keeps changing...it's sad now it's upbeat." 

You smiled. "That's the point. But you don't have to listen to it if you don't want to."

"I kinda like it, it's really catchy." Todoroki says.

"You really like it?"

"Yeah, I've never listened to Queen before, until now."