Shells and surfboards

Requested By; deurenenkasten

Todoroki is a surfer and has an encounter with the reader who is a mermaid

I thought "The little mermaid" idea was a little cliche so I decided to do something a little different.

Modern Au

~~

It was another day on the beach where Todoroki was spending time away from Tokyo and was in Yokohama at his beach house. He enjoyed peace and quiet but most importantly he enjoyed was surfing.

Todoroki would be out in the water for hours riding waves and swimming. And sometimes he would just sit on the sand and watched the sunsets or just the waves roll by.

One morning, Todoroki was sitting on the beach just enjoying the scenery when he saw something surface from the water.

Todoroki moved from his previous position when he noticed the figure come out of the water. It was at a distance so he couldn't really tell what it was.

His curiosity got the best of him and he started to swim out into the ocean. He looked around and saw nothing but the ocean. That's when he heard a splash behind him and he turned around, then he heard it again but still saw nothing.

"Maybe my mind's playing tricks on me." Todoroki tells himself.

That's when he felt something tug on his foot and he nearly jumped out of his skin. He quickly yanked his foot out of the water and saw something slowly coming to the surface.

That's when he was met with a head of (h/c) hair and sparkling (e/c) eyes. The person had traces of seaweed and tiny shells scattered in their hair.

"What are you doing down there?" He asked.

You didn't answer. Mainly because just the top of your head and your eyes were visible.

"Do you need some help?" He asked you again. He then holds out his hand. "Here, take my hand." You look at his hand and back at the stranger.

You slowly lift your arm out of the water and he grabs onto your forearm and waist as he learns further down to get a better hold. He pulls you up out of the water and onto his board.

He then looks down and sees...a tail?

Todoroki, being caught off guard, screams and both you and him fall off his board and back into the water with a loud splash.

Todoroki watched as you swim away as he makes it back to the top. "Wait! Wait come back! I didn't mean to scare you." Todoroki swims after you.

You swim towards this cove and hide behind a rock. (Btw, you're not barechested, you have seaweed wrapped around your chest that looks like a one-shoulder crop top. Because I want to.)

Todoroki stops at the cave's mouth, and he can see your eyes glowing in the dimly lit cave.

"I'm sorry I screamed. I was just caught off guard, I've never seen well...a mermaid before...I thought they were a myth or something."

You just kept staring at him behind the rock.

"I thought I was alone on this beach. And when I saw you come out of the water." You still didn't budge.

Todoroki holds out his hands. "I won't hurt you. I promise."

You slowly came out of the rock and made your way towards the human. Todoroki got down on a lower level since the water was a bit shallow.

"Hi." He says.

You gave a small smile. "Hi." You say.

"You, you can talk?!"

"I'm a mermaid, not mute." You say.

"My name is Shoto."

"I'm (y/n)."

~~~

"What is this thing?" You asked looking at Todoroki's board.

"It's a surfboard."

"What do you do with it?" You asked while knocking on it.

"Well, I ride waves with it."

"How do you do that?"

"When a wave comes, I'll show you."

You sat on a nearby rock and watched as Todoroki skillfully ride the forming waves. It was so interesting to you how he enjoyed this sport.

As the waves died down Todoroki starts to swim towards you. "What do you think?" He asked you.

"It's very interesting." You say while patting the top of his head.

Todoroki looks at your (f/c) tail and traces a finger down the scales and you jumped. "Hey! I just met you, you can't just do that!"

Todoroki jumps back. "S-sorry! I'm sorry, I had no clue!"

You blushed and laughed. "It's okay, I can forgive you just this one time."

"You have scales on your shoulders too."

"Yeah, I do. And I have a fin on my back." You say.

"Am I the first human you've seen?" He asked.

You give a nod. "And up this close, I like you. Can I see you tomorrow?"

"Of course." Todoroki says.

"I have to go now. I'm tired, but I'll come back tomorrow." You say.

"Alright, until tomorrow." Todoroki waves.

You wave back and go back under the water, splashing Todoroki in the process.

"I should bring her something for when she comes back." Todoroki says to himself.

Having enough time in the water Todoroki goes back inside with you on his mind.