25K views Quirks

**Hawk's POV**
**Kids' ages five**

Sakura's quirk was around since she was born. That was the most pain I have been in, feeling those tiny wings attempt to stretch out. Beautiful pink wings that went off like poppers. She went through clothes like a minecraft creeper through houses.

Rin's quirk never showed up at all, I almost started hoping that he would never get one. But, Izuku would tell me stories of how it was like for him growing up.

A few weeks right before their birthdays we decided to surprise them. We planned on taking them to work. I took Sakura for the first day and then Dabi had to stay late at UA and he took Rin with him.

That phone call was terrifying.

**Dabi's POV**

"As it gets closer to your hero exams, you must find a signature move that will help end the fight in your favor."

The final bell rang and the class started cleaning up. I turned and saw Rin sitting in my seat excited.

"Papa, I wonder what my signature move would be like?"

I smiled as I ruffled his hair. He was laughing as some of the girls were giving him candy as they left the classroom. I didn't respond until the room was cleared.

"You don't have to work on that for many years."

"I hope my quirk is not feather based. They look very itchy."

"You get used to them, I had to."

He started scratching his arms and shoulders.

"I think Dad or Sisi's feathers got in my clothes again. I'm itchy."

I looked at his shirt and noticed that there was no feathers hooked in his clothes. But he felt warm to stand near. I had a bad feeling as I moved closer to him.

Then the blue sparks started coming off of his back. The small sparks grew into a burst of flames fast. Hearing the  shocked screams of Rin brought up some old memories. Then my phone started to go off, Keigo was calling.

"Hey my scarred darling. We are coming to pick you two up."

"Please hurry, I don't know how help him."

My body felt cold standing near the burning heat of his quirk. His flames were so hot that they were light blue, almost white. I remember the look my father had when my quirk went off.

He was smiling as I struggled to stop my flames. I could feel my old tears sizzling from the memories.

I slowly walked over to Rin and pulled him into a hug. The fires were as hot as mine.

"Rin, listen to me. Quirks are affected by your emotions. I know that it is scary at first but you can control them."

His flames started to slowly go down and then we got hit by a fire extinguisher. We both looked at Keigo holding the extinguisher with Sakura hiding behind him.

"What? I hide these things everywhere you go." He sat down and I got a mouthful of feathers as he hugged us. "You got your quirk! I'm so proud of you!"

"I am not the only one that destroys my clothes anymore!"

We started laughing at her statement.

**Hawk's POV**

After that day, Dabi would panic every time Rin would accidentally burn himself with his quirk. The power out of his back was powerful and untamed. We took him to a quirk specialist that was close to us.

"You want to suppress his flames?" Tomura asked. "Why?"

He was an expert in quirk control and focus. He looked healthier and happier after these years.

"We have to visit the hospital every time he shows any emotion. Dabi is going into pure panic every time. Last time, he started mumbling about Endeavor. "

Tomura looked at Rin and had him activate his quirk.

"I see the problem, he is not using his quirk fully." He pulled his computer out and started typing something. "Certain quirks require focus into a shape. The hero, Tsukuyomi, had no control until he started seeing his shadow more as himself."

"Oh yeah, I showed him how to become more bird like in order to fly."

"Birds are pretty." Little Rin said and I patted his head. "Their feathers are soft and itchy but go every where."

Tomura looked at Rin's back before looking at my back. Then he kneeled in front of Rin.

"I think you have wings just like your dad. Could you see that?"

"Really? Big wings just like sis and dad?"

I was surprised seeing the wings started to form. I held up a mirror and his eyes sparkled at the sight. This whole time, there was wings hiding within him.