1.5

.
.
.

"Min? Min wake up buddy, have you stayed the entire night?" I faintly heard something in the back of my mind and I let myself slowly come into consciousness once again, making myself aware of the feelings inside my body, the way my neck strained from having slept upright, my legs a bit numb and my eyelids heavily glued shut.

"Min? Do you want me to drive you home?" I heard the familiar voice speak, but I only reacted once I felt a hand suddenly getting placed on my shoulder and I jumped in my seat, yelping quietly at the action, my head snapping up to see my boss' concerned facial expression, eyebrows furrowed sympathetically, lips in a half smile, half pout and his eyes slanted in worry.

"Ah? Wait, no... I just, I took too long and couldn't get home yesterday" I mumbled groggily, rubbing my eyes lazily while I also sat up straighter, my bottom hurting embarrassingly enough. When I looked up at mister Jung again, he just stared at me, not really convinced by my words, hands firmly placed on his hips with a weirdly parental aura to him.

"Really, I'm fine" I added, turning on my computer and logging into my account, to which I only heard a disapproving huff, before my boss' footsteps walked off into the direction of his office behind my little setup... he didn't believe me did he?

"Oh... Min" his voice spoke up out of nowhere and I swung around, my chair perfectly spinning to the right to meet his eyes expectantly "Yes?"

"Jimin is coming back today, he and I have another meeting, could you greet him by the entrance? Our service personnel, who usually takes care of our clients, is on sick leave and the other one is on holiday somewhere in Europe" my boss' asked me and I nodded, while doing my best at trying to conceal the stress that arose in my body, my throat getting tighter to the point of which I felt the need to take a sip of water.

"Hm, yeah... I'll manage that, at what time?" I inquired and he raised his wrist, looking to his wristwatch with a small smirk, before amusingly saying "Fifteen minutes" and then hurrying inside the other room, the door hiding him from my accusing stare... how could he give me such a short notice for such an important task? I needed to get down to the private bathroom on the fifth floor, so that I could freshen up somewhat... I couldn't possibly meet one of our contractors looking like I did... and... oh no... wait, Jimin was there with me yesterday... he'd obviously realise that I was wearing the same clothes.

Fuck.

Park Jimin's complete impression of me would probably go to ruin, thinking that I was a lazy slob who had no sense of hygiene whatsoever.

I rushed to the sink, splashing my face and lightly washing my hair, combing through it with my fingers, untangling it, before drying off with a paper towel. I glanced to my wrist, seeing the small hand just about to tick to half past nine...

Feeling my heart pick up speed by the mere stress of thinking about running through the building... there were a lot of different factors to take into account just to go down to the lobby. First, the elevator, if I took that, there was a high risk of it stopping on every single floor, especially seeing as a lot of the company's personnel were just getting started with their day and therefore had to move around quite a bit, the other option would be the stairs... there were a much larger chance of me getting down to the entrance in time, but then I'd really, really, have to be running, which in the worst case scenario would lead to me falling and tumble down a few floors...  actually that was quite a high risk, because I was still very tired and I'd always been rather clumsy... elevator it is!

I ran at my fastest speed, the metal doors thankfully opening after a few seconds of me impatiently waiting by them. The ride down took approximately the amount of time that I had expected it to take, a handful of people getting in and out at different floors to get to their designated places on the way down.

When the mechanical voice exclaimed that the elevator was finally on the entrance floor, the very second the doors slid open, I rushed out, spotting the sandy blond contractor captivating the entire lobby, everyone listening to him telling whatever story he was preoccupied with.

I couldn't help but smile a little at the weird sight of seeing the usually unstoppable force of speaking nonstop that was the receptionist being so immersed in something that she was utterly unable to even make a single sound. Whilst walking over to the gathered group, I suddenly locked eyes with the person I was there to escort and he stopped in his speaking, an even bigger and brighter smile settling on his plump lips. 

He stopped telling whatever he had previously been talking about and walked away from the whole group that had by that point surrounded him completely.

"Yoongi! I didn't expect you to be down here" the contractor greeted, before going in for an unexpected hug, which I very awkwardly reciprocated "Yeah, actually I'm here as a stand-in for our usual service personnel, I'll follow you up to mister Jung's" I explained and a newfound excitement came over his face as we separated from our hug.

"Really? That's amazing, I mean, it's nice to have some more time with you, it's not nice that the other girl couldn't be here or anything" he rambled shortly, slight panic taking over his face for a short moment, before his expression settled back into an inviting smile.

"Sorry, I was up late last night" he mumbled and I nodded understandingly, mentioning for the elevator "I don't judge, I was too" I added and he chuckled heartily all the while catching up to walk beside me.

.
.
.