2.9

.
.
.

It was time... I was about to meet up with Jimin for our second date in an hour and I'd be lying if I said that I was anything other than nervous... or, well... add to that panicked, anxious and just utterly distressed, but either way, I was pacing around in my room, looking down onto my chosen outfit... I didn't have the time to come up with something else and change accordingly, not to mention that I'd been face-timing Seokjin, who had helped me and told me that I was adorable yet handsome.

As I glanced to my lock-screen, my eyes widened and I practically threw myself towards the entrance of my apartment, how on earth had I been wasting fourteen minutes on just overthinking my choice of attire?

I shook the fleeting question out of my head, hurrying to put on my shoes, before grabbing the nearest jacket on the rack, rushing out the door in a frenzy.

We were supposed to meet at the restaurant or whatever Jin had called it, in just under half an hour at that point in time.

As I neared the closest bus station, I felt my breathing quicken... seeing the bus already standing there, most likely about to leave shortly thereafter. I ran with all my might, not really minding the other pedestrians' odd looks, nor the very obvious fact that my clothes would be wrinkly and sweaty when I arrived... that had probably become my default mode as of late. When I finally got up to the station, the doors had just closed, but I managed to get eye contact with the driver, who looked at me with a very empathetic expression... the sliding doors opening just a second later.

As the doors were held up just for me, I quickly hopped on, smiling at the old man appreciatively.

"Thank you" I mumbled out hurriedly, continuing further back onto the bus, before plopping down onto an available seat that was the furthest away from any other human being... I'd never enjoyed physical contact, nor having anyone invade in my rather widespread sense of personal space.

Nevertheless, I let my vision settle onto the terrain that passed by the large window, my eyes studying the people walking down the streets. A mother and her kid were swinging their intertwined hands back and forth with large smiles on their faces, which made me unconsciously let a similar expression slip onto my face... my mind seemingly elongated that cheerful duo, because it felt like no time had passed when I suddenly heard my destination's station name getting called out through the bus' radio.

As I hastily whipped my head around the outside environment, I took in the fact that a bit further down the street stood a very familiar person leaning on their car in a casual manner... at that time, I didn't know whether Jimin knew that I was arriving by bus, but nonetheless I felt a bit embarrassed to jump off... and so my brilliant brain came up with the perfect solution... hide in the sea of people getting off until I get around a corner, wait for just a moment, before walking back out onto the street as if I was just normally walking down the sidewalk...

A foolproof plan...

As it was time to execute my brilliant plan of action... it all went downhill.

As I was about to try and blend in among the rest of the passengers during the disembarkation, I very ungracefully tripped over my own bloody feet. There was a short period during which I thought that maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to keep my balance if I just took another step forward... but that just made it worse... and it ended with my knees rather painfully thudding against the pavement.

As the rest of the people had dispersed, along with the bus taking off, I dared to glance in Jimin's direction. He hadn't noticed me, lucky me.

I stood up on rather shaky legs, my kneecaps probably bruised, yet decided that it was too late to do anything about it... I was the one who had asked Jimin to come all the way out to that restaurant-pub-thingy and I'd be damned if I gave him a rain-check for something so small.