2.6

.
.
.

I had sent a text... a very, very important text at that... yet, I hadn't dared to even peek at my phone ever since I threw it down onto my mattress, much less pick it up to see if I'd gotten any response to it. It might've been a bit better if it had landed so that the screen was facing upwards, but alas even that was wrong. I would have to physically touch it to be able to see anything.

Seokjin had quite obviously helped me set up a date for me and Jimin. That was a couple of days ago and at the moment, I was frantically waiting for an answer from the person whom I hoped was going with me on said date... Jin had even helped me pre-write a sort of invite, seeing as he knew me well enough to know that I'd struggle with even that small of a task... in hindsight, that small nudge to finally ask someone such a thing was probably the inevitable stop-sign that a lot of people face when they meet someone new... in my case it wouldn't even have mattered if I was just going to ask Jimin out in a friend type of way, it'd still be just as terrifying, it would just be the feelings of interest that would vary slightly.

Anyway, even though that was the case, having a fore-written text and said sms being very casual yet sincere, I still felt prickling anxiety running through my veins every millie second that passed by while my phone wasn't buzzing... it was weird... throughout my life, I couldn't say that I truly had had any of those crushes that so many others spoke of, I was preoccupied with never letting my head go into the realm of romantic and sexual feelings towards anyone, as to lock those horrible memories as deep inside my brain as physically manageable... but after bottling said things up and putting it on hold for so long, I felt as if all of those years of nothing, were finally just pouring out all at the same time, thankfully towards a person that I actually felt very attracted to, who was such a nice person too.

All that was to say that I was having a massive crush on a certain mister Park Jimin, who I was impatiently awaiting an answer from... and in my prancing around frantically throughout my entire apartment, was when I first heard it, a quiet little buzz. What took me majorly off-guard though was the fact that it didn't stop buzzing. The notifications of a simple text would never last that long... oh no. It was a call, was he calling me?

My heartbeat quickened and I began chewing on my fingernails as I crept closer to my phone... not wanting to seem weird and answer on the last tone, my body just unconsciously picked it up, but my mouth wasn't able to get any words out of it.

"Yoons? You there? I was just calling to check so that you've sent the text" I heard Jin's stupidly familiar voice and I sighed heavily, using my free hand to rub my temples tiresomely... "It's just you" I muttered under my breath, not really aiming it at him, but he scoffed on the other side of the line huffing out "Excuse me mister, it is an honour to get my calls" to which a small chuckle escaped my lips. I nodded my head, albeit he couldn't see it and said "Of course, I was just... I was waiting for someone else" I mumbled and he sucked in a breath "Oh right-"

"Well, I'll message you if he-" and just when I was speaking, I finally felt it, a small and short buzz in my hand that was holding the device... "Jin... Jin, it..." I began, accidentally dropping the phone to my mattress again. I horribly put the call on speaker, which was when I heard my friend yelling at me frantically "TELL ME YOU DOOFUS".

With nervous hands, I tapped the buttons on my screen, text app where are you located? When I spotted the green application, my heart dropped at the sight of the red number two in it's corner... why was there two... did someone else text or was he unsure of what to answer?

"Jinnie... there's two texts" I mumbled and my best friend just screamed at me to rely him what they said... and so I opened the app, clicking on Jimin...

"H-he said yes... I think" I spoke and my best friend didn't utter a single word, which probably didn't make my racing heart beat any slower.

"... what do you mean think? Read them to me" he urged me slowly and I nodded, okay, read them...

"Aww you're so cute, please forward me the address" and the second text "Maybe we can grab a coffee during the week too? That's a yes, right? Jin?" I question with my eyebrows furrowed, my bottom lip involuntarily pouting in worry and I heard my friend sigh after my words...

"Yoons you... yes that is a yes, gosh you two are adorable dorks" my friend muttered, trailing off at the last part and I couldn't help but blush... Jimin had called me cute...

"Well, text him back... you gotta tell him if you can grab a coffee with him or not" Seokjin urged me and I stared at the phone in disbelief "Like... right now?" I asked with horror in my tone and he muttered something under his breath, before telling me "Yes now, it's better to do it as quickly as possible, that way the two of you can settle on something quicker" he advised me and I hummed. What he was saying was reasonable.

.
.
.