3.3

.
.
.

It had gone another whole week.

I'd been going to work just as usual, keeping myself busy so that I wouldn't have too much free time to think about the heavy stuff in my life... but my day was rather suddenly cut short when I heard the clicking soles of my best friend's shoes rapidly making their way down the long corridor that led up to my little setup.

I watched as he walked, came to a halt, standing before me with a stern look on his face as he began saying "Yoongi... my sweet, sweet husband has disclosed to me that you're purposely drowning yourself in work, so you're taking the day off" as he bent down to place both of his hands firmly planted on my oak desk.

I just stared at him... not really knowing what to do.

We'd both been able to talk everything out with one another, both of us having grown a lot closer as a result, but that didn't mean that I still wasn't walking around as if I was on thin ice the entire span of my waking hours... and so his almost motherly tone rendered me incapable of knowing what to do, so I just sat there like a deer in headlights until he continued with "I'm taking you to lunch" which made me swallow the lump in my throat.

Whilst nodding, I said "Okay, give me a sec", before beginning to save and close down all of the things that I had pulled up on my computer screen... which really weren't due for the next two months. When I'd made sure that everything was shut down properly, I awkwardly stood up from my office chair, glancing around me, to pick up my briefcase.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he patiently waited for me to finish and he sent me a quick smile, before he handed me his phone. On it was the website for a local cafe that had opened up just a month or so prior.

"They've got a lot of yummy stuff, I thought we could use some treats" he commented, just before I handed the device back to him and I hummed. My head was hanging low on my shoulders, as it had been doing every day since I first told the truth about my pairing, but I felt a rather familiar tap on my neck... something which I'd learned to associate with Seokjin nagging me about my posture.

"It's okay, we're doing this to heal" he spoke softly, his eyes never leaving the view in front of us and I hummed, albeit I found said thing to be a very elusive thing to grasp and even harder to do.

Both of us came to a halt in front of the reception, where one of the newest girls were getting trained, along with Seokjin's husband, who was chatting with one of his other employees. As we walked down towards the exit, inevitably getting closer to them, said ginger took notice of us and waved at us with an accompanying large smile that was displayed on his features.

"Yoongi, I see you're finally taking a break" my boss said, although it came out in a bit of a questioning tone and I couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped me... "I wouldn't if it wasn't for Jin" I stated, which was entirely true.

"I don't want him getting caught in any new assignment, so we should head out, see you tonight honey" Seokjin bid adieu to his husband, giving said person a quick peck on the cheek, which the other reciprocated and I smiled at their genuine affection towards one another.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow Hoseok" I also said good bye and he nodded to me, watching us as we left.

꧁꧂

When we arrived at the cafe, having gone there on foot, both of us were rather out of breath, and so we settled with first just sitting down to gather ourselves, before actually looking at the menu for something to order.

"This place is supposed to have really good pastries... I've had my eye on the pecan pie for quite some time now" Seokjin commented as he looked up at the black board that hung above the counter, different things were written out in white chalk.

"But I want something filling..." he mumbled, probably mostly to himself, as he studied the items and I did the same. My eyes quite quickly fixated on the Swedish cheese pie and since none of the other things seemed to deter my attention, I settled with it.

"I'm getting a shepherd's pie and then a whole pecan one to share with Hobi when I get home later" my best friend eventually decided.

꧁꧂

After each of us had ordered and paid for our stuff, waiting a quarter or so for the food to come out, we were both quietly eating... when I suddenly got a text from none other than Jimin. When I first fished my phone out of my pocket, trying to be discreet, as I didn't wanna be rude to my friend, I just stared at it in utter horror... not knowing what to do or say.

Seokjin had seemingly taken notice of my panicked expression and had then proceeded to grab my phone out of my hands, looking at the screen to see what had made me so worked up.

"Jimin huh... oh" he began and I began waving my hands around, feeling more anxious by the second, before my friend continued with "You haven't told him either..." to which I nodded, confirming his suspicion and he hummed in an understanding manner .

"Right, I'll help you" he said as he looked over the message once more, typing something before I could even react "I've setup a time for the two of you to meet, that way you can talk it out, get everything straight" he explained and all I could do was just nod at all the words that left his mouth...

"So... what have we learned from this fiasco?" my best friend inquired as he handed me my phone back, placing it on the table in front of me and I quickly glanced to it, before meeting his eyes to say "That you're the greatest human being on this planet..."

"And?" he inquired as he gave me a stern look which made me feel like I just wanted to shrink into any void available. "And... that I should communicate more..." I managed to also get out and he nodded with a proud smile coming upon his lips.

"Exactly, good"

.
.
.