Exposed

Michael put on a white button down shirt and some black and white pants. He looked in the mirror to fix his hair a little bit, then turned to face me. "How do I look?" He said holding his arms out and giggling.

"Well it looks much better then wearing fruit punch" I said laughing. He grabbed a book from off his dresser. "You like to read?" He asked me awkwardly.

"Yes what books are you into".  He held the book up so I could read the title. "As a man thinketh...by James Allen...a classic book from 1903, you have good taste Michael". His mouth dropped open, "you know about this book?" He asked, his lips were on the verge on making a smile.

"I've always wanted to read it but, I like that the concept is dealing with the power of thought, particularly with the use and application of thought to be happy and beautiful issues". His smile was from ear to ear. "This is my favorite book and you just explained it beautifully...would you like to read it with me?"

A tiny smile appeared across my face, "I would love too". He walked over to me and sat on the floor and leaned against his bed. He patted the floor for me to come sit next to him. I didn't know exactly how to get onto the floor without ripping my dress. I wasn't going to ask why we couldn't sit on his bed. I kneeled down on my knees the managed to sit on the floor with my legs out.

Michael scooted closer to me, so close that our bodies were touching. He opened the book in between us. I held one side he held the other and we both read in silence. After a while I rested my head on his shoulder. I could have fell asleep like this but I forced myself to stay awake. His head turned towards me and I lifted my head up and looked at him.

Our eyes instantly locked on to each other's. His head started to lean in and so did mine, it felt like there was a gravitational pull between us. Was it finally going to happen? Was I about to kiss Michael? Then I suddenly couldn't do it...I hated Brooke but I wasn't a home wrecker and I definitely didn't want to be the reason they broke up because I was the one caught cheating with Michael.

I pulled my head back, "I'm really sorry about Brooke".  Michael's facial expression changed, he looked almost upset after I mentioned her. "It's ok the punch will come out of my jacket and my pants" I couldn't help but giggle which put a smile on his face.

"No, I mean about her falling into the pool" I said

"What? She fell into the pool?? Is she ok?"

I suddenly felt heart broken, he cared so much about her and she was playing him right in his face.

"I think so...Marlon jumped into the pool and saved her..." before I could finish Michael cut me off.

"Wait..you said Marlon?..."

"Yes?" I was so confused on why he asked me that

"Shit!" Michael said as he rushed up from beside me and ran to the door and opened it. I quickly got up ignoring the fact that I had ripped the side of my dress and followed him down the hall. When I caught up to Michael he turned to me and whispered "That's Marlon's room".  We both could hear noises coming through the door.

It was someone moaning, Michael quickly opened the door and gasped I peeked from the side of his body and into the room and gasped. Brooke quickly got off of Marlon and covered her body with the sheet. Leaving Marlon exposed. He quickly covered himself with his hands.

"Michael I can explain" Brooke said with a pleading voice. Michael held his hand out at her. "Save it Brooke...we're done". I saw that Michael was on the verge of tears. I quickly closed the door and dragged him back to his room. I closed the door and locked it.

I had heard Brooke trying to beg Michael before I closed the door and it kind of lingered in my head for awhile. Michael sat down on the bed and he quickly buried his hands into his face. I sat down next to him and leaned him into my chest. He threw his arms around me and started to cry harder.

"How could she do this to me...with my own brother...how could Marlon...". He broke down even more, I felt really bad, I wanted to tell him about what I had heard her say that day in the bathroom but I didn't have the heart to do it.

"Michael, please just know that you're an amazing person and didn't deserve any of this" he sat up and dried his tears. "I should go..." I said, I didn't want to over stay my welcome, or cause anymore problems. I got up off the bed.

Michael grabbed my hand, I turned around to look at him. "Please stay, I just don't want to be alone tonight". I could tell that he really needed a friend right now, my mom would kill me if I sleep over at his house, she would kill me if she found out I wasn't actually studying in the first place. It was worth it though.

"I'll stay Michael". He smiled "really?" I giggled "yes dork". I quickly covered my mouth, I can't believe I just called my crush the embarrassing nickname I gave him. He giggled at the name and I quickly felt relieved. He got off the bed and hugged me. "Thank you Jasmine I really appreciate this".  I hugged him tightly back.

Michael wasn't like his brothers or like any boy for that matter I trusted him because he's not a person to hurt people he's genuine and kind.

"Hey your dress is ripped...here you can shower and I can give you a T-shirt to wear and some boxers". He handed me a towel. My heart stopped at the thought of wearing his clothes.

Looks like I'm spending the night.