Mother

Michael left for work, and Marlon left to go pick Brooke up which meant that I was the one who had to watch Katie. Katie was adorable, I just never thought that I'd be watching my bully's kid.

Michael has been acting weird for the past few days. Ever since he woke up in the middle of the night and ran downstairs he's been really giddy. It might be because another talent show is coming up and since Michael has performed in it since freshmen year it's a "tradition" to him now.

Everyone goes to the talent show just to see Michael and since everyone saw him at the Grammys, everyone at Liberty high suddenly wants to be his friend since he's famous. Everyone tries to be my friend too so I can introduce them to Michael but I have no interest in friends when it comes to school. I only care about my grades and I'm strong minded enough to know that those people only want to use me.

Aaliyah wanted to perform another song this year but I strictly told her that last years talent show was a one time thing. Prince is performing this year and he's using Aaliyah as his "exotic dancer" for the show. I'm going to be in the audience watching them perform and cheering them on. Michael said he needed me to do something the night of the talent show and that I wasn't allowed to go to any of the practices. I found that totally unfair but I guess it's better for me because the talent show will be a complete surprise.

I look over next to me and Katie is just laying there quietly playing with her fingers and cooing. I turn the Tv on and the doorbell rang. I picked Katie up and answered the door. It was probably Marlon coming back here with Brooke so that she can pick the baby up. I opened the door smiling and I was face to face with my mother. My mother was smiling and then looked down into my arms. Her smile faded when she saw Katie. She looked back up at me and her face turned red.

"Is this why you only visited me in the hospital once...because you were hiding a baby from me!!" She yelled. "What? Mom...no this isn't My baby" I said backing up as she walked into the house.
"I'm about to whoop your ass...I told you not to do anything with that boy" she said rolling her sleeves up.

"Momma relax you just came back from the hospital, don't stress your body out and this isn't my baby it's Michael's Brother's baby his name is Marlon and Brooke's baby". I said still backing up while holding Katie.

"So you mean to tell me that...the girl that bullied you had a baby and your here watching it...You're a liar and that baby looks like Michael" she said getting louder. "It's Marlon's baby I swear" .

My mother lunges at me and I held Katie tightly on my chest while running into the kitchen. "Mom your not listening to me!!" I yelled from across the counter. "Stop running from me" she screamed.

"Siri....call Michael" I yelled. My phone was on the couch and I sprinted towards it. I set Katie down in the little portable baby bed that I had set up on the couch. I grabbed my phone and held it up to my ear. "Hello Jasmine are you ok?" I heard him say. "Michael help me my mother came home and she's gone mad" I screamed.

"I told you not to have a baby yet you're to young" she screamed in the background and she smashed something on the floor but I was to busy running from probably the worst ass whooping of my life.

The phone hung up and I groaned while running behind the couch. I thought I was safe but my mother jumped over the couch like it was a hurdle at track practice. I screamed then ran upstairs. I ran into my room and hid under the bed. She ran in looking for me then ran back out to go to her room. I quickly got out from under the bed and ran back downstairs. I did a sharp turn at the end of the stairs and bumped into Michael.

"Oh my god I'm so happy to see you right now" I said hugging him and kissing him. He giggled then we helped each other off the floor. "What's going on?" He said concerned. I told him everything and then my mom came back downstairs. "There you are!!" She said.

Michael stood in front of me with his arms crossed and my mother ran into him hitting his chest

Michael stood in front of me with his arms crossed and my mother ran into him hitting his chest. "You got my daughter pregnant" she screamed at him. Michael started giggling. " No Ms. Rogers" he said politely grabbing her shoulders and spinning her around walking her over to the couch. "At least not yet" he muttered under his breathe and I hit him in his back. "Michael shush" I whispered.

Michael sat her on the couch. He took her bag off her shoulder and took her shoes off. "You must be exhausted...do you want some orange juice?" He said walking over to the kitchen. "Orange juice?" She said looking behind her. Michael put some ice in a cup and Poured her some Orange juice.

I walked over to the kitchen to go talk to him. "How did you get her so calm" I said looking over at the back of my mothers head. "It's a specialty of mine...it's my eyes" he said while batting them at me. I playfully rolled my eyes "yeah yeah it may work on her but it doesn't work on me" he put the glass down on the counter and got closer to me. He put his finger under my chin and lifted my head up to look at him.

I couldn't help but smile at his eyes and when he smiled back he pulled me in for a kiss. "You two are to quiet back there what are y'all doing?" She said and Michael and I quickly backed away from each other to act natural but it ended up looking suspicious anyway. Michael licked his lips then looked at me. I felt my body heat up.

When he brought the orange juice over to her the doorbell rang. "Saved my the bell" he said as he walked over and opened the front door. Brooke rushed inside and looked around. "Where is she?" She asked. Michael pointed to the couch and Brooke rushed over and picked Katie up. "My baby I missed you so much, let's take you home".

My mother shook her head in disbelief. "Jasmine thank you so much for looking out for her, I really do appreciate your kindness" she said kissing Katie's forehead. Marlon kissed Katie's forehead too and they both left.

I walk over to the couch and my mother looked at me nervously. "Jasmine I'm so sorry I didn't believe you and I'm sorry to you Too Michael let me make it up to you both".