Grammy's

"Michael...I'm going to miss you". I said poking my lip out. Michael pulled me in for a long hug. Michael's father always brought him to the Grammy's so that Michael would get used to it. Joe Jackson always won awards no matter the award show but he always told Michael that by the time he graduates high school, he would sign him to his record label.

Jackie was signed to his record label and he was performing all over the world that's why he's never here. He was busy making a name for himself and I was proud of him.

"Are you sure you're going to be ok by yourself here?" I nodded my head. "I'll be fine baby, don't worry about me". He kissed me deeply and I melted in his arms. He was going all the way to New York and was staying there for a few weeks.

It was kind of the worst timing because our sophomore year was about to be over in a few months and he had to be there to keep his grades up. "I'll collect all your work from your teachers ok?" He held my hands. "Thank you for everything, please take care of yourself." I kissed him one more time. Joe was outside honking the horn like a mad man.

We left Michael's room and Aaliyah was already downstairs in tears because Marlon was leaving too. I saw Janet come down the stairs. She looked just like Michael they were literally twins. "Bye Janet" I said waving at her. She came up to me and hugged me. This was the first time I actually felt close to Janet she was already so independent she moved around this house like she owned it.

We all watched them get in the car. I blew a kiss at Michael and he pretended to catch it as they drove off. I closed the door and Aaliyah wiped her tears away. "Oh my gosh we can finally take a break from them". She said walking over to the couch and plopping down on it. "You're going to miss him". I said sitting next to her and giggling.

"You're going to miss him too". She said mocking my voice. I put my head on her shoulder. "I already miss him...he's like my best friend". Aaliyah plucked me in my nose. "Um no I'm your best friend"

"Owww, I'm sorry" I said giggling at her anger. She crossed her arms and looked away. I got up and stood in front of her. "We need to have a lot of fun for these next few weeks...this might be the last time we get to have fun without them...maybe at our bachelorette parties too" she laughed "bachelorette parties? Ugh can we make a promise that we're going to marry these annoying dorks". She held her pinky out at me. I smiled and wrapped my pinky around hers.

"I hope I marry Marlon...Brooke might have ruined that for me". Aaliyah looked down at her feet and I can tell she was really heart broken. "I'll be here for you, I won't let her try to ruin your relationship like she tried to do with mine". Aaliyah smiled at me and hugged me.

A Week Later

"Bitch hurry up it's starting" Aaliyah said with her eyes glued to the tv. I grabbed the bag of popcorn out the microwave and ran over to the couch. I dumped the popcorn in the bowl that I put on the table earlier.

" Welcome to the 26th Annual Grammys" the announcer said and Aaliyah and I both screamed at the tv. The camera panned over the crowd of people. The door bell rang and Aaliyah and I looked over at the door. "Did you invite someone?" I asked she shook her head. "No did you invite someone?" She said giggling and and I nodded my head. I got up and walked over to the door. I looked through the peephole and was shocked to see him standing outside.

"Prince??? What are you doing here". I said inviting him in. "I wanted to watch the Grammys since I'll be on that stage one day". I smiled at him. "Jasmine, Pat Benatar just won a Grammy for best female rock vocal performance " Aaliyah screamed from the couch. I quickly ran over to her and sat down. "Omg I love the song "love is a battlefield".

"The award for best male rock vocal performance is....Michael Jackson" the announcer said. Aaliyah and I both spit our drinks out. "How did he win a Grammy he hasn't made music yet". I said

"Apparently he has since he's winning a Grammy". Aaliyah said. The camera focused on Michael and where he was sitting. "Bitch is that Brooke shields sitting next to him". Aaliyah said getting red.

"Yikes how did Brooke make it as his Grammy date and not you Jasmine

"Yikes how did Brooke make it as his Grammy date and not you Jasmine..." I looked so hard at the tv that I could have burned holes into it. Aaliyah sat back. "I'm no longer interested in this shit."

Michael went on stage and accepted his award, he looked so happy...but why would he lie about Brooke...and lie about himself making music already.

Prince rubbed Aaliyah's back "it's ok" he said

Prince rubbed Aaliyah's back "it's ok" he said. She smacked his hand away. "No it's not ok both of our boyfriends have some explaining to do".

An hour into watching the show and Michael had won 7 Grammys. I sat there with my head in my hand. Aaliyah was still staring at the tv pissed off. Prince had finished the bowl of popcorn and was watching the tv as if there was an interesting movie on.

"Look at him holding all those awards smiling as if he didn't lie to us" Aaliyah said

"The Award for best Album goes to...Thriller Michael Jackson". The announcer said.

"Wait so this boy had an album already out?...why are we just hearing about this". Aaliyah said.

Prince giggled at our frustration. "This is number 8 now...WHO WINS 8 GRAMMYS IN ONE NIGHT". I screamed. "There are celebrities who have been in the music career for years and still can't win 1 and he just won 8". I said throwing my hands in the air.

"I'd like to thank Quincy Jones, and my wonderful parents Katherine and Joe Jackson, I'd also like to thank everyone who helped me create this album...and my beautiful girlfriend Jasmine Rogers who inspires me everyday...oh and God, thank you". My mouth dropped open, Aaliyah grabbed my hand and screamed.

"He just told live television that you were his girlfriend eeekkkk". Prince smiled at me "you have a great man Jasmine".

I suddenly wasn't mad about Brooke anymore but I was still pissed off about him lying about the album, but I was proud of him for winning all those Grammys in one night.