Two Birds One Stone

"Jasmine I can't believe you took his money...this is great". Aaliyah said laughing. "Hey can you do me a favor?" I asked her. She nodded her head while keeping her eyes focused on the road. "Obviously, you kind of just saved my life".

I giggled, "oh that...that was nothing, but can you drive me to the mall then to the hospital?" She turned on the radio "Road trip time!!" She screamed.
I switched the station and heard a familiar voice. "Oh my god, is that Michael on the radio", Aaliyah said. I giggled, "I know my baby's voice any where, that is him".  We jammed out to his songs all the way until we got to the mall.

When we got there I went to the best jewelry maker I know and had him make a diamond necklace for me.
"This is so pretty Jasmine". I smiled at her, It's a surprise. The man put it in a little red box and put it in a bag for me.

"Come on Jaz let's go get some ice cream". She said tugging me towards the little booth in the center of the mall. "One chocolate and one cookies and cream both large" She said. Aaliyah grabbed my hand and smiled at me. "He'll be back soon I know you miss him". I nodded my head and gave her a faint smile. We got our ice cream and She held my hand all the way out the mall.

People were looking at us as if we were a couple. I never saw Aaliyah that way and I wasn't gay but if I ever had to date someone other then Michael it would be my own best friend. We got into the car and we finished up our ice cream before heading to the Hospital.

It's been a few weeks since my mom got admitted and now that I'm fully settled into the Jackson's home and all the drama with Brooke and my father are over with...for now. I figured it was a good time to visit her.

I always hated going to the hospital, it was so sad to see all these people sick and hurt and some to never get better. I couldn't stop thinking about my mom on the way there. Seeing her that, with her body so still almost lifeless. Aaliyah panicking in the corner and my own crush having to call 911.

Have I been a bad daughter for not visiting her sooner. When we arrived at the hospital,Aaliyah and I went to the gift shop and bought her some flowers. I picked the most colorful bouquet just to brighten up her day. We then went to the front desk to give the nurse all the information she needed then she brought us to a room.

My mother was awake and looking much better, she wasn't pale anymore and as soon as she saw us her face lit up. "Ms.Rogers!!!" Aaliyah screamed as she pushed past me to give her a hug. I walked up to her and kissed her on her forehead. "How are you mom" I asked.

"Much better thank you, I'm sorry you kids had to see me like that". She said looking down at her hands. I placed the flowers on the table that was across from her bed. "Don't worry mom I'm just glad we got to you in time you gave us a scare". I said walking back over to her and holding her hand.

"What took you so long to visit me?" She chuckled. Aaliyah and I both looked at eachother desperate for an answer but sadly my mother not only caught on to our looks but caught on to how late our responses were. "Where are you living Jasmine?" She asked.

I knew I had to come up with something quick, I really wanted to tell her about what happened with dad but she would surly have another heart attack if I told her. I also wanted to tell her about me living with Michael but if she found out I was living with my boyfriend she would think the worse and again would cause her to have a heart attack.

I wasn't going to lie and say I was living with Aaliyah and her mom because my mother would blow up there house phone looking for me.

"I'm living at home" I said calmly. She squinted at me and tried searching my face for any expression of lying. "Your living by yourself?" She asked. "Ms.Rogers, Michael and I check up on her a lot to make sure that she's ok for the past week though it's only been me because Michael is in New York with his family". My mother smiled, once again I was saved by the Aaliyah.

"Jasmine you have some amazing friends". My mother said with the biggest grin. I looked at Aaliyah and said "I know".

"Did they ever say when you might get released?" I asked eagerly. "I don't know sweet heart, the doctors are still running test and giving me different medicines to take". It wasn't the news I wanted to hear but I'm glad that she's being taken care of.

Aaliyah and I stayed with her for a few hours laughing and talking but then a nurse told us that we had to leave because it was getting late. I kissed my mother on her cheek and told her that I'd be back soon.

Aaliyah and I were exhausted and when we got home I plopped onto the couch and Aaliyah decided to do the same and laid on top of me. I groaned when her heavy body landed on mine. "Geez Aaliyah stop eating so much bacon". We both giggled and ended up drifting off to sleep.