Junior Year

"Aaliyah I can't believe that we're starting our Junior year Monday". I said jumping up on the counter to sit on it. She leaned against the stove and smiled. "We're getting older, soon we'll be in college". I started to blush "oh my god Aaliyah we need to start thinking about colleges". She giggled at me, "girl don't even stress it right now let's enjoy our Saturday before we have to go back to school".

She pointed to the pool and we both looked at each other and smiled. We both ran upstairs to change. I put on a black bikini. When Aaliyah came out the room she had on a bikini with these trains on her arms. "Aaliyah you are so extra". She smiled, "I'm glad you know now let's go".

She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the pool. I stood there looking at it and then dipped my foot into it. "It's cold" I said to her. She gave me an evil grin. "You know they say that if you get your whole body wet you'll get used to the temperature". I raised my eyebrow at her and she pushed me into the pool.

I let my body float down, I opened my eyes under the water and it stung a little but I got used to it. I saw Aaliyah jump in and swim towards me.

 I saw Aaliyah jump in and swim towards me

She reached her hand out and I grabbed it. She even looked gorgeous under water. We both swam to the surface and gasped for air. We laughed and hugged each other. "This is great" she said starting to swim backwards. I let my body float on the water, just taking in the sunlight.

I can't wait to see how junior year is going to be for us. Hopefully now since Brooke is pregnant she won't bully me. Aaliyah noticed how quiet I was and swam to me. She poked me in my side which made me get out of thoughts and loose my ability to float. "You ok? Your so quiet?" I loved how much she cared about me. "Yes I'm ok...are you?" I asked she nodded her head.

"It's just that..." Aaliyah gave me glossy eyes until and evil expression ran across her face " I want to torture you". She said wrestling me in the water, she wrapped her legs around my waist and our arms got tangled around each other's trying to pin each other down.

"Damn that's really hot". We heard someone say, we both looked over and saw Marlon standing by the edge of the pool smiling. "Marlon!!!". Aaliyah screamed while swimming over to him. He bent down and kissed her. "Don't let me stop you from having your romance session" he said jokingly.

Aaliyah swam back over to me and laughed. "Yes because your interrupting my time with my girlfriend". She said throwing her arm around my neck and I stood still awkwardly. "Right you're "girlfriend" Marlon said using his fingers as air quotes and laughing. That's when Aaliyah grabbed my face and planted a kiss on my lips. She smiled at me then looked at Marlon. Marlon's mouth was basically on the floor. That was basically my facial expression too because I didn't think Aaliyah would do that.

Michael came outside and stood next to Marlon. "What happened to him" he asked laughing and pointing at him with his thumb. "He's just shocked because I kissed Jasmine" Aaliyah said nonchalant.

"You kissed Jasmine??" Michael asked concerned. Aaliyah playfully rolled her eyes and grabbed my face again this time the kiss was a lot longer. "Muahhh, see it's ok for me to kiss her". Michael stood there with his mouth open too. "Why do you all have the same facial expression". Aaliyah said as she swam to the stairs at the corner of the pool and got out. She grabbed a towel and dried herself off. She walked up to the boys and closed there mouthes. "Jasmine, Marlon and I will be upstairs if you need us, he has some explaining to do". She said pulling Marlon into the house.

I got out the pool and and grabbed my towel and dried off before hugging Michael. "Hi baby I missed you" I said throwing my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around me tight, "I missed you so much Jasmine". I kissed him passionately, when I pulled away from the kiss I studied his face and there was something different about him. His face was lighter, he was basically the same skin tone as Aaliyah.

"Is that the first time you guys kissed?" He asked concerned. I nodded my head, "It was a shock for me too." He cocked his head at me "Do you like her?" I looked at him with a blank face, "No that's just my best friend I only like you in that way...actually I'll prove it". I grabbed his hand and brought him upstairs to his room.

I pulled out the little red box from the mall and handed it to him. "Open it" I said with a smile that was from ear to ear. He smiled back and hesitated to open it. "Go ahead" I reassured him.

He opened the box and it was a necklace with my name on it. He started to blush and since his face was lighter you could really see it. "Jasmine I-"

"Come I'll put it on you"

"Come I'll put it on you". I said taking the necklace out and putting it around his neck. I kissed him deeply. "Now I won't be the only one wearing my baby's name". He smiled and held on to it. "Thank you Jasmine I really love this".

"You're welcome, now tell me all about your trip and the commercial and all the Grammys". He smiled at me and grabbed my hand. "I'll tell you about it in the shower".

I raised my eyebrow at him "what do you mean".
"Exactly what I meant". He said pulling me into the bathroom and closing the door behind us.