The Pop Up

"I think it's um...either Marlon's or....um" she said hesitating. Everyone at the table was looking at her and I can tell she was getting nervous. "It's Marlon's or Um Michael's...." Michael's eyes got wide.

"Mr. Jackson that is not the truth" I said standing up out of my seat. Joe looked at both of us and then clasped his hands together. "So who's is it?" He asked calmly. I glared at Brooke and she gave me puppy dog eyes. "Well who's is it...one of you better tell me" he said louder. He stood up and slammed his hands on the table which made made me flinch.

"It's Marlon's or Jasmine's father's" Aaliyah said standing by the front door. Everyone looked back at her and she stood there with her fur coat on while sucking on a lollipop. "And who are you?" Joe Jackson asked as he walked up to her. She held her hand out at him and shook his. "Thompson...Aaliyah Thompson...I'm Marlon's ex girlfriend, unfortunately our relationship didn't work out after Marlon found out about the baby".

"Brooke you mean to tell me that you messed around with this young lady's father?" Joe asked. "Yes but I have a good explanation..." she started but quickly got cut off. "Katherine hand the food out....Aaliyah would you care to join us" Joe said.

"I would love to join you" she said as Joe took her coat. She walked over to the empty seat near Janet. She hugged her and Katherine then sat down. Michael tugged on my dress and I knew to sit down. Brooke sat down and looked at Marlon who had his face hidden in his hands. "Let's hold hands and say grace" Katherine said with her voice sweet.

I grabbed Michael's hand and smiled. I look over at Brooke who's holding her hand out at me, I roll my eyes and grab her hand. After we prayed it was still awkward but eventually we got a conversation going thanks to Aaliyah asking what it was like owning a successful record company.

"I like you Aaliyah you are the type of girl I would like to have around Marlon" he said laughing. Aaliyah laughed with him as she made a snarky look in Brooke's direction.

"Jasmine what about you?" I quickly looked up at him and swallowed my food. "What about me sir?" I said nervously laughing and placing my fork down.
"What do you like about my son?" All eyes were on me now and to make it worse, Michael leaned on the table with his chin in his hand and looked at me batting his eyes. I couldn't help but giggle, "well to start off he has beautiful eyes" and everyone started laughing.

"No seriously, we have a lot in common, we love to read...our first real conversation was over a book that we both liked, and we both love water balloon fights, and Disney land, he's so smart and handsome, I admire him for his kindness and honesty and oh I can't forget we both love to sing and dance" I said while grabbing his hand.

"Ain't that the truth Best friend" Aaliyah said from across the table. "It's good to know that your not using him for his money like some people would" Joe said looking directly at Brooke. Brooke burrowed her head Into her chest.

"I see that you're wearing my son's name around your neck did he buy that for you?" Joe asked and my heart immediately sank. I didn't want him to think I was a gold digger. I looked over at Michael and he smiled at me. "Um yes he did, and I wear it with Pride Mr.Jackson" I said while holding it.

He nodded his head and i knew he wasn't all the way convinced. "I wanted to do the same for him so I bought him a necklace with my name on it and gave it to him as a present" I said and Michael unbuttoned the first 2 buttons on his shirt and flashed the necklace at everyone as if it was a show and tell. Joe started smiling now.

"I can tell he's really into you...he's never mentioned a girls name at a Grammy award show before" he said smiling while putting food in his mouth. "I'm glad he has a girl like you, I can tell your going to motivate him even more then what he already is" he said as he wiped his mouth with the napkin.

"Thank you sir I'm glad that I have your son in my life he's played a big roll for me" I said. Michael kisses me on my cheek and rubs my back.

"Jasmine so what do you plan on doing when you get out of high school are you going to pursue singing?" Katherine asked. I shook my head "no that's more of Aaliyah's thing...I want to go to college and I was looking into modeling actually" I said and Both Michael and Aaliyah looked at me shocked. "That's great baby, you'll be an amazing model" Michael said holding my hand.

"Wow Jasmine you definitely have the body for that you're in great shape" Katherine said. I nodded my head and said thank you.

"Well...it's getting late I should start cleaning up" Katherine said as she got up. "I'll help you Mrs.Jackson" she smiled and told me it was ok but I insisted since they were so nice to me. Aaliyah got up and helped and we all cleared the table while the boys and Brooke stayed there talking.

"Michael keep this girl around she's the best girlfriend you've had by far" I over heard Mr.Jackson say. "I will Joe, I really hope I can Marry her and have kids with her one day" I heard Michael say and my heart started to flutter. I was in such a good mood that I ended up washing all the dishes and put them up neatly in the cabinet.

Today went better then I thought.