Ambush

"Aaliyah are you ok?" I asked walking up to her and leaning on the gate next to her. "Yes I'm ok, it just hurt to hear that it was actually Marlon's baby and how excited he was". She said looking down at the ground. "Now that there going to be taking care of a baby their senior year is ruined...they can't go to Prom or anything unless they get a baby sitter" I said .

"Marlon didn't want to go to prom anyway...he said it was stupid" she said laughing then getting sad again. "Aaliyah look, you have an amazing boyfriend now, you two are meant for each other, you get along so well and you both break gender rules. Just look how you guys dress it's iconic" I said patting her on the shoulder making her laugh.

"You're right we are iconic" she said laughing and flipping her hair. "There go's my prideful best friend" I said giggling. "Thank you Jasmine I needed to hear that" she said hugging me. "Good now lets stop moping around and let's go have some fun today" I said grabbing her arm and pulling her off the gate.

Michael and Prince were talking in the parking lot. I skipped up to them all happy while holding Aaliyah's hand as she walked sluggishly. "You're happy" Prince said giggling. I handed him Aaliyah's hand and then grabbed Michael's. "Yes...I'm very happy, let's go have some fun" I said as I ran to Michael's car and hopped in. They all stood there laughing at me. "Come on guys let's goooo!!" I said honking the horn.

Michael shrugged his shoulders smiling and got into the car. "Where are we going?" He asked giggling. "7/11" I said clapping my hands together. "7/11 is your idea of fun" he said making fun of me. I hit him on the leg and glared at him. He laughed and told Aaliyah to follow him.

When we got to the store I ran into it like a little kid and went straight to the back were I grabbed all the water balloons I can find and even some water guns and bought them. I walked down the isle Michael was In with 3 large black bags. "Did you buy the whole store?" He said giggling as he grabbed the Peanut M&Ms off the shelf.  "It's a surprise now let's go" I said to him as I ran back out the store. Aaliyah and Prince were walking towards me and I quickly grabbed her hand and dragged her back to her car.

"Prince your riding with Michael this time" I said as we ran off in the distance. When we got back to the house Aaliyah already knew to fill up the water guns and the balloons. I ran upstairs and got Jackie and Janet to come help us.

Janet helped Aaliyah with the balloons and everyone chose a water gun. By the time the boys got home all the water balloons were filled up and everyone took there positions to ambush them.

Janet stood by the house to distract them then give us a signal.

"Hey Michael and Prince" she said trying not to laugh

"Hey Michael and Prince" she said trying not to laugh. "Hey Janet have you seen Jasmine and Aaliyah they just disappeared on us?" Michael said looking around. "No I haven't seen them....Now guys" Janet yelled. We all jumped out, Jackie and Aaliyah threw water balloons at them and Janet and I used our water guns. Prince stood there drenched and Michael jumped to dodge the water balloon and then ran off.

"My hairrr!!!!" Prince yelled and we all started to laugh. "Where's Michael?" I asked looking off in the direction that he ran in. Cold water fell off my head, and I looked behind me to see Michael holding an empty bucket and smiling. I gasped and then started laughing. I shot my water gun at him but he did a series of spins and dodged it.

"Michael stop moving and let me wet you" I said stomping my foot then running after him. "Let's get him" Janet said to Aaliyah and they both ran after Michael. Jackie gave prince a water gun and it was now boys against girls.

Prince walked by the pool and Aaliyah snuck up behind him and pushed him in. "Aggghhhh" he screamed then fell in.

"Prince you look so sexy when your wet" Aaliyah said looking at him with dreamy eyes

"Prince you look so sexy when your wet" Aaliyah said looking at him with dreamy eyes. "Girl come on Michael is still on the loose" I said giggling and grabbing her arm to pull her away. When we got to the other side of the house we saw Janet throw a bucket of water at him but he jumped out the way.

"Why is he so good at dodging water" Aaliyah yelled. "I have a plan...get him to run this way" I said with an evil grin.  Aaliyah nodded her head and ran up to Michael firing at him. He ran off and spun to dodge it. When he ran past me not knowing I was hiding I waited until he got close to the pool and pushed him in.

"Ahhhhhhhh" he screamed before making a big splash

"Ahhhhhhhh" he screamed before making a big splash. "I'll kill you...imma kill you Jasmine...I'm going to annihilate you" he said smiling and laughing. I turned to Aaliyah and jumped up in the air excited that the plan worked. I felt a hand grab my shirt and pull me back into the pool. When I pushed my hair out of my face all I saw was Michael with a big smile on his face.

I splashed water on him and he did it back.  Aaliyah walked to the edge of the pool. "Look at you two all wet" she said mockingly. Prince snuck up behind her holding his finger to his lip and then pushed her in.

"Ahhhhhh" she screamed before making a big splash. She shook her head like a dog and then looked at prince. "Babe what the hell!!!" She screamed. "Looks like both of our blow outs are ruined" he said laughing and crossing his arms. Aaliyah smacked the water and grunted.

Prince then fell in the pool and Janet stood behind him with her arms crossed. "Girls Rule" she said laughing. Jackie ran up behind her and tackled her into the pool and they both fell in. We all started laughing. Jackie picked Janet up on his shoulders and Prince did the same with Aaliyah And they tried to pushed each other off.

Michael and I started wrestling in the water and he was about to push me down until I drop kicked him. "Woahhhh" he screamed as he lost his balance and fell back making a splash.

"Hey...hey...HEYYYY!!!" Marlon screamed and we all looked up at him. He was holding the baby and looking down at us. "I was looking for you guys in the hospital I didn't know you all left". We all stood quiet looking at him. "You guys look like you're having fun...I want to jump in" He almost leaped in and we all screamed "Noooo!!".

He stopped and looked down realizing that he had the baby in his arms still. "Oh crap...um I'll just sit her in the chair here" he said walking over to the chair and once again we all screamed "Marlon nooo!!!"

He's a father now and he has bigger responsibilities then he thinks.