(23) Hero Names

It's been 2 days after the festival and it was just before homeroom. Amy was making her way towards her classroom as the chattering of her classmates was becoming louder and louder. Opening the door she was faced with a funny sight. The boys that being Sero, Kirishima and Kaminari teasing Bakugou?

"Hey Bakugou. How are you and your girlfriend" said Kaminari keeping in a laugh.
"Yeah bro you seemed worried when Aizawa couldn't make it to the stage" continued Kirishima
"And they even had to restrain you" finished Sero as they erupted in laughter making Bakugou explode in anger and maybe just maybe slight embarassment.

~A quick recap~

After the fight between Amy and Bakugou Midnight and Cementoss decided to prolong the awarding ceremony a little so as to repair the stage and for the participants to regain consciousness.

When the stage was repaired the participants were called that being Todoroki and a restrained angry explosion boi. Sadly Amy didn't wake up due to a serious overuse of her quirk and a lack of sleep. But Bakugou was having none of it.

Seeing that she wasn't presented he immidiately lashed out and started demanding to see her first to make sure she is okay before anything else but the teachers didn't allow it and so as not to cause any unnecesary damage they had to restrain him thus leading to him being awarded while beeing restrained.

~End of flashback~

The rest of the students were too tense to interfere or just too occupied in their small world of fame due to the festival. Amy on the other hand felt herself redden from the mention of the word 'girlfriend' as a certain unknown to her feeling sparked but only for a second so she decided to ignore it for now as she continues to listen to the boys.

"Shut you brainless idiots. Mind your own fucking business and leave me the fuck alone" he roared.
"Oh come on hedgehog suck it up and relax a little. No need to be angry all the time" she commented silencing him.
"Tch" he mumbled as he sat at his desk but not before acknowledging Amy's presense with a scowl.

What felt strange was that he avoided her gaze to which she felt kind of hurt. Before she could say anything the small interaction between the two was cut short by their teacher coming.

"Morning class. Today there is something I want to say" Mr. Aizawa said as the tention in the class began to rise.
"Today your're going to choose your hero names" and here we go with the most cheerful and energetic class 1A.

"Yeah something exciting" said most of the class.
"This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned last time. The drafts begin in earnest in after students have gained experienced and can become immediate assets to pros. In other words for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers though are often cancelled if they lose interest"
"So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked right" asked Hagakure. "That's right so let's see the results"

1. Todoroki 4656
2. Aizawa 2344
3. Bakugou 1337
.
.
.

"Ehhh. Even though Amy won first place and did great she still didn't get the most offers. That's not fair" complained Mina.
"Yeah we can understand for Bakugou who had to be rastrained on the podium but why her" said Kaminari.

"Hey it's not something that can be guarantied whether you place first or not. Plus I didn't expect anyone to vote for me so I'm glad that someone did" said Amy with a visible gratitude. "Awwww so cute" said Midnight as she burst through the door and hugged Amy tightly almost squezing her to death.

"Aunty stop it or you're sufosticating me"
"Okay Okay. Geezzz. You're as bad as your father when it comes to hugs"
"That's not true I love hugs but you were literally killing me" Amy pouted.