Jack

A/N 

This is my 4th time trying to publish this chapter

I woke up with a tear-stained face. I remembered the letter Sev had sent. Merlin, that must be horrible. I sighed and reluctantly got out of bed. 

I realizing what today was and threw on my clothes. I ran downstairs and made eggs and bacon for myself. I quickly devoured it. 

"What's all the ruckus down here," my mum/ dad said sleepily walking down the stairs. "I made breakfast," I said with the biggest grin. "I want to come with you when you get Jack" 

He/She looked at me crazy. "I'm not getting him until noon you shouldn't be up at seven in the morning " he/she grumbled before walking back upstairs. 

I looked at the clock and it was, in fact, seven twenty-six. I walked back upstairs and sat down on my bed. I heard a tapping noise behind me. I looked and saw o/n. 

I opened the window and he/she flew into my lap. He/She had another letter attached to his/her leg. I was too scared to open it so I took it off and set it to the side. 

I conjured a clock and set an alarm for nine. I laid back down and fell asleep. Bring bring, bring bring. I shut off the alarm and sat up. It was 10:02, wonder how long that's been going off. 

I walked downstairs and sat on the couch, turning on the tv and began watching some muggle show. I didn't truly understand what was going on but it was still a great way to pass the time. 

I kept looking at the clock every five to ten minutes, it was now 11:30. My mum/dad was ready and we were about to leave. 

I grabbed a handful of floo powder and walked into the fireplace "Diagon Alley," I said throwing the powder at my feet. I watched as I went from my kitchen to the busy street. 

I stepped out of the fireplace and waited for my mum/dad to come. I turned around and looked at the buildings and saw my favourite shop. My eyes gleamed as I saw this perfect black cape. 

I knew Sev's favourite colour. I heard my mum/dad come behind me. "Can I get that cape for Severus," I asked with puppy eyes. 

"Okay, there's still a little more time before we have to get your brother." He/She said taking me over to the shop. "Can I get the cape in the window?" I asked Aurora. 

"Of course darling anything for my favourite customers." She said walking into a room behind the desk. She came out with the cape in hand. 

"There you go," she said giving me the cape as I gave her the money. "Thank you have a nice day," I said walking out. "You too" she called. We started to head down to the orphanage. 

We finally reached the tallish building. It was one of the tallest buildings in Diagon Alley with about 8 floors. I gulped as we walked in. It was quite cold when we first entered. 

I felt a chill go down my spine. It was like walking into a hospital. "I'm here to adopt Jack," said mum/dad as I looked around. I couldn't see anyone but I could hear children playing. 

"Okay thank you fifth floor," mum/dad said walking towards me. We got onto this muggle device, elevator I think it was called. I watched as my mum/dad pressed the button with a five. 

The metal doors shut and the rectangular prison jolted up. I quickly reached behind me and held onto the railings. My mum/dad gave a short laugh. "It's perfectly fine and faster" 

"I'd rather walk" I grumbled as the doors opened. We walked to a room with E-2 on it. Inside there was a boy about 9 and a girl about 5. 

The girl had long blond hair with beautiful green eyes. The boy had jet black short hair with black eyes. He reminded me of Severus.