Happy Beans Day-1

Meanwhile at the coliseum....

"The only one who can defeat that monster is Angel-chan!" Cater chirps.

"Angelfish. We will entrust our lives to you." Jade reassures as Glory looks up at the "monster" they speak of, she lets out a firm nod and pulls out her dagger from her pocket and points it upwards. 

"I got this under the bag!" Glory declares work grey eyes filled with determination.

Now you all are wondering what's going on here and what is this monster that Jade and Cater are babbling about, right? Well let's go back to where everything has started....

***The day before***

During potions class, everyone was chattering as usually until...

"Behave yourself, puppies. About the traditional event of Night Raven College that will be held tomorrow." Crewel announced.

Wait what?

Glory looked baffled when he said this as he continued to explain the event.

"Happy Beans Day, we will group ourselves now. We will do the groupings by a lottery method. Come here by class number." Crewel informed.

"Happy Beans Day? What's that?" Grim ask making Glory tilts her head a bit.

"Don't know. Maybe it's an event where beans are happy?" Glory assumed. This stunned Ace

"Glor, you don't know what's Happy Beans Day about?" Ace asked curiously.

"Not really." Glory replied.

"There are some ignorant puppies as well. It can't be helped. Let lord Crewel teach you about it. Guiding puppies is my job. Happy Beans Day is a traditional event of Night Raven College that is held every February." He explained.

"Long time ago, there was once a place called 'Valley of Happiness' in this country. There is a reason why that place was called 'Happiness'. Rich nature and fertile ground....And there was a magical harp that song in such a beautiful voice." Crewel explained further with Ace, Grim, and Deuce glance at Glory with the ravenette blinked her eyes twice.

"What?" Glory asked with a puzzled expression.

"You can sing well, Glor. Why do we even turn our heads for?" Ace asked curiously.

"Plus, you've been sang in public before." Deuce added.

"They have a point, Glory." Grim agreed.

"Yes, but I never played a harp before nor I don't know how to play it." Glory assures. Suddenly their conversation was cut short when Crewel slammed the desk with his whip flinching his students.

"No barking!" He scolded and the group sulk.

"Sorry..." They apologized as Crewel cleared his throat.

"Back to what I was saying. The singing voice of the magical harp was said to have made humans, livestock....even the plants in the valley happy. However, a giant who was envious of it came to the valley to steal the magical harp. Soon, the trees died in an instant, making the people suffer from hunger." Crewel narrated.

"Meanwhile, a certain farmer had happened to have gotten magical beans. That bean was the magical bean, 'Happy Bean'. The vines of the tree that grew from the Happy Beans reached high up in the sky where the giant lived within one night. The farmer immediately climbed up the vines and skillfully brought back the harp. Once he got back to the ground, he immediately cut down the tree and defeated the monster who came after him." He explained making Glory slightly tilting her head a little when she feels heard of this story before.

That reminds me of the book that my mom read to me once that night called Jack and the Beanstalk, but that was back when I was four years old...

Glory thought.

"Once again in the Valley of Happiness, the magical harp's singing voice and the rich nature was back. And that's the story." He said.

"Soo..."

"It's an anecdote about taking back what they stole, and doing double the deed of what they've done to you." Crewel informed.

"Aah Gotcha." Glory understood.

"I see. That taught me a lesson, ya know." Grim admitted.

"And that's where it was chosen that the farmer's role would hit the beast's role with beans to dispel evil, right?" Deuce guessed.

"Good boy. That's exactly it." He praised him.

"That's so like Jack and the Beanstalk." Glory muttered.

"However, the 'Happy Beans Day' of the Night Raven College is a bit different." He said.

"Eh?" Glory became confused.

"The Happy Beans Day of this academy is when all students are separated into two teams, the farmer and the beast, despite their dorms and year and compete for victory over the harp. Basically, a heterogeneous sports festival!!!" He exclaimed.

"Eeh?! Why again?!" Ace shrieked.

"In order to stay out of trouble, the beast role should concentrate on running around while being hit by beans." He said.

"So it's like a game of tag but with beans you hit them with?" Glory asked.

"Precisely! Good girl! The students of beast role couldn't take it anymore and began to counterattack. As a result, both got mixed up and it became a big scuffle." Crewel explained.

"Hmm...Definitely a Night Raven College student." Glory muttered.

"If it's going to be a fight, then let's make it a confrontation event as part of the physical fitness subject. And so, The Night Raven College style 'Happy Beans Day' was born. Master Crewel's thankful special lecture ends here!" He proclaimed.

"Next, Trappola, Spade, Corbett, draw lots." Crewel instructed as the three stand up from their seats to draw their lots and the three gained different results.

"Yeeeesss....Ah, I'm in the beast team." Ace said.

"I'm in the farmer's team." Deuce muttered. Glory looks at the lot and she giggled.

"Heh. Well what do you know. Same here Deuce." Glory grinned.

"Hell yeah! I'm in the farmer's team!" Grim cheered.

"Ohh, then we're enemies tomorrow." Ace reminded with a smug.

"Then you better not hold back, boi. Cuz we're gonna kick your ass!" Glory declared with a bold smirk.

"If it's a competition, I definitely can't bring myself to lose." Deuce chimed in smirking confidently.

"I won't lose, ya know!" Grim chirped. Then Crewel slammed his whip to his palm.

"The details of the match will be explained tomorrow by Sir Vargas who's in charge of the Physical Training lessons. Well then, puppies, house!" He ordered where Glory grips on to the lot with her eyes burn with determination running with adrenaline.

Welp it's now or never. Better prepare myself.

Glory thought as she crept a competitive smirk.

"Cuz this is gonna be one heck of a game!" Glory exclaimed as she lets out a giggle feeling like tomorrow is going to get better and better.