Chapter 1

~ B A D   N E W S ~

I, Clarke Griffin, have never hated my mom more than right now, in this very precise moment. We were sitting at the table and she literally just told me we would start living with her new boyfriend AND his TWO CHILDREN. She had mentioned her boyfriend before, I even met him. I liked him, okay, he seemed nice, but he had 2 kids that I never met in a year relationship with my mother. She had not once mentioned them and neither did he. And now, she was just sitting at the dinner table, telling me 3 new people would come live with me. TOMORROW. I couldn't analyse what my mother was telling me, I knew our house was very big enough for 5 of us, but that didn't mean I wanted to. It wasn't my choice to make, alright I can get that, but telling me the night before they move in was a bit extreme.

"YOU'RE TELLING ME, THAT 3 PEOPLE WILL LIVE WITH US STARTING TOMORROW?!? AND YOU DIDN'T THINK ABOUT LETTING ME KNOW BEFORE!" I was literally screaming in my mothers face. I didn't care. How could she have kept away the existence of two kids for a fucking year. Now correct me if I'm wrong but that is such a dick move.

"I knew you would react like this! That's why I waited to tell you. I'M PAYING THE BILLS HERE, I DECIDE WHO CAN STAY AND WHO CANNOT, NOT YOU! I love Marcus and I really wish you would have stopped your childish nonsense for a day and be happy for your mom." I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry. She didn't get it.

"Well maybe, if I knew these two children were alive sooner I wouldn't be screaming at you right now. YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU MIGHT PAY THE BILLS BUT I STILL LIVE HERE!" I screamed, getting tired of seeing her rolling her eyes at me and sighing like I'm being over dramatic. She was making it seem like it was all my fault, when it was clearly not. She brought this one on herself.

"Now you know what Clarke. If you shall know, they are not children. Octavia is your age and Bellamy is 3 years older than you guys. Not that it's none of your business. And stop screaming, we've got neighbours." She took her plate to the sink.

"I don't want to argue anymore mom but yeah this IS my business. Strangers are going to LIVE in MY house WITH me. And I don't care how old they are, they don't belong here." I was getting tired of screaming at her, it had been a very long dinner.

"You know what young lady, until you show some manners, you are grounded. I am not going to let you insult me, Marcus and his kids because you feel like getting your anger out. I am done here, the truck arrives at 6am. You better not embarrass me Clarke Griffin. Good night." She left the room. She's talking to me like I started this fight. It started the day she chose Marcus's kids over her own daughter's opinion. I sighed and left the kitchen as well. I loudly got up the stairs and slapped the door of my bedroom. My house was only tomorrow to be filled by two other attention seekers and a man, my step dad. Just the thought of it made me want to move into an apartment alone. Or with my best friend Raven. Maybe I could crash at Finn's, my boyfriend. These times he would get a little aggressive if he drank too much. He scared me, but I loved him, I never thought he'd hurt me.

My dad died when I was 3, which was very hard on my mom. She was a single mom with a baby and a work schedule that was very demanding. And now she met a man she loved and I couldn't be more happy for her but I wished she'd talked to me about these kinds of things. I don't care who pays the bills, it's my house too and I am old enough now to be aware of what's happening in my own house. I was so angry at my mother, I couldn't believe she did that to me. Never in a million years I'd even thought Marcus would show up tomorrow with his furniture and two kids of his own. I wasn't looking for a family, trust my mom and I were already a fucking mess.

The next morning I opened my eyes at 6:14 for the first time. I heard furniture being dragged around the house, footsteps and people talking. I couldn't get used to it, I never will. Without a second thought, I called Finn.